Once upon a time (14 years ago, actually) I lived in Bear Lake.
My dad operated Minnetonka Cave and the campgrounds up St. Charles canyon.
I spent many a summer cleaning toilets and picking up trash in the campgrounds. Disgusting....I know.
One summer however, I was able to work as a tour guide at Minnetonka Cave.
Well, time has passed, and my dad no longer runs the cave or campgrounds.
But my little sister actually got a job as a tour guide at Minnetonka Cave this summer.
We went up on Saturday to take a tour....and I spent all day reminiscing on my days as a toilet bowl cleaner.
Just at the mouth of the cave with our trusty 'ol tour guide....Ashley.
Paisley has convinced herself that the nose is supposed to detach from the face.
She tests out her theory on everyone she can.
The cave is 40 degrees year round.
So we dressed our little girl up in a pink Bear Suit to keep her warm.
Our warm little bear got the memo and decided to hibernate throughout the cave tour.
We also decided to stop at Blue Pond Springs in St. Charles canyon.
I actually got some of my senior pictures done here several years ago.
Ashley is living out her dream and recenlty bought herself a horse: Lola Ribbon.
She was generous to let us take a ride.....
Well, the horse actually took me for a ride. Nick, however, was a true cowboy.
We drove to my parent's house in Morgan that evening.
I saw a sign for Huntsville (which is about 20 minutes from Morgan) on our way home and thought it would be a more direct route. So we took it.
Sure enough, it was more of a direct route.
But it was also through a very winding canyon.
The sunset made the extra trek worth it...
The next day we went to Kate's blessing in Salt Lake.
I am still kicking myself for not getting a picture of the sweet little girl in her beautiful dress.
I did, however, capture this little munchkin - she's awfully proud of herself for sitting in a high chair :)
I'm so glad my job is to hang out with this girl all day...
Sure beats cleaning toilets!
1 comment:
what cuteee pictures! it looks like you guys are having a fun summer! and beautiful sunset! oooh, love sunsets like that!
Post a Comment