This weekend we went to Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake.
I had never been there, and it had been years since Nick had.
My parents invited us to go and have a picnic with them.
We did a couple of short hikes around the area with my dad, while my mom stayed back and did the grandma thing....she was really put out.
It was a beautiful day and I was pleasantly surprised with the scenery.
However, I was quite UNpleasantly surprised by all these things...
Yup, Spiders!
These nasty little things were everywhere!
Seriously, they were in every bush, between every bush, on every rock, between every rock....you get the idea.
And they weren't the tiny little house spiders either.
These were the big "I'm going to eat your head off" type of spider.
Dis.gust.ing
Here is just one shot I took.
I counted all the visible spiders for you.
I counted 19.
I hate to leave you with that image in your head and have spider nightmares like I did all last night.
Because really, Antelope Island had alot more to offer than the spiders.
It was a great day spent with great people.







2 comments:
I shall NEVER visit Antelope Island! NEVER! Seroiusly, how could you even keep walking! I would have died! On another note... I love Paisleys hair! If I can get back to Utah we need to have a "craft" day, I LOVE making headbands and bows for my girls!
cool spider pics. thanks for numbering them too. I enjoy your blog! Glad to see your little family is doing so well!
Post a Comment