Some of my favorite memories growing up consist of our family vacation each summer.
My mom worked hard all year round teaching piano so that each summer we could go for a week long family vacation.
We went all over the place -
Grand Canyon, California, Oregon Coast, Mount Rushmore, and Montana - just to name a few.
I really enjoyed this time with my family and I have a lot of fond memories.
We still laugh about the time we went to the Oregon Coast.
I found a starfish on the beach and decided to take it home as a souvenir.
When we got back to our car, my sister and I decided that it probably wasn't really dead so we kept adding water to it. It also continued to sit in our hot muggy car for the entire vacation.
This resulted in one stinky, decomposing starfish.
But I just couldn't get myself to part with it.
When the stench became too much for everyone to handle inside the car - I negotiated to move it into a bag on top of the car.
One time we pulled up to a gas station (the kind where someone actually pumps your gas for you). The man who was pumping our gas said "You know, you got something rotting on top of your car." My dad, who was being very patient with the whole situation, simply replied "Yeah, I know." There probably was a rolling of the eyes, but I didn't see that.
With each passing day the smell continued to get worse. Pretty soon there was an entire area around our car that just stunk like rotting flesh. But I, being the persistent little kid that I was, refused to part with it.
Finally, on one of the last days of our trip, my mom told me she would pay me $20 if I would just throw away the rotting starfish.
$20 sounded like a steal of a deal and I immediately threw my smelly souvenir in the trash.
It's memories like these I hope to be able to create with my family.
Nick and I decided to carry out the summer family vacation every year.
So this year (this weekend actually), we are taking our little family to St. George for a few days.
Although we don't have any big plans, we have been looking forward to it for quite some time.
Nick is in major need of a break from work and I am in dire need of some quality hubby time.
Paisley is just excited to relax by the pool.
Let the tradition begin!
Here are just a few pics of me on some past family vacations.
Ashley and Me. Not sure where this is at :(
Hogle Zoo
Salt Lake Temple
My mom worked hard all year round teaching piano so that each summer we could go for a week long family vacation.
We went all over the place -
Grand Canyon, California, Oregon Coast, Mount Rushmore, and Montana - just to name a few.
I really enjoyed this time with my family and I have a lot of fond memories.
We still laugh about the time we went to the Oregon Coast.
I found a starfish on the beach and decided to take it home as a souvenir.
When we got back to our car, my sister and I decided that it probably wasn't really dead so we kept adding water to it. It also continued to sit in our hot muggy car for the entire vacation.
This resulted in one stinky, decomposing starfish.
But I just couldn't get myself to part with it.
When the stench became too much for everyone to handle inside the car - I negotiated to move it into a bag on top of the car.
One time we pulled up to a gas station (the kind where someone actually pumps your gas for you). The man who was pumping our gas said "You know, you got something rotting on top of your car." My dad, who was being very patient with the whole situation, simply replied "Yeah, I know." There probably was a rolling of the eyes, but I didn't see that.
With each passing day the smell continued to get worse. Pretty soon there was an entire area around our car that just stunk like rotting flesh. But I, being the persistent little kid that I was, refused to part with it.
Finally, on one of the last days of our trip, my mom told me she would pay me $20 if I would just throw away the rotting starfish.
$20 sounded like a steal of a deal and I immediately threw my smelly souvenir in the trash.
It's memories like these I hope to be able to create with my family.
Nick and I decided to carry out the summer family vacation every year.
So this year (this weekend actually), we are taking our little family to St. George for a few days.
Although we don't have any big plans, we have been looking forward to it for quite some time.
Nick is in major need of a break from work and I am in dire need of some quality hubby time.
Paisley is just excited to relax by the pool.
Let the tradition begin!
Here are just a few pics of me on some past family vacations.
Ashley and Me. Not sure where this is at :(
Hogle Zoo
Salt Lake Temple
4 comments:
Oh we love St. george, it is our shopping place. Try Nielsen's frozen custard when you are there, it is yummy!
funny story about the starfish, your parents are patient people
These photos are awesome. That picnic basket in the other post was hilarious!
Um you couldn't pick a better relaxing spot than st. george. I plan on spending some quality time there this summer too. And I can't end this without mentioning how hot your outfits were in those photos. Nice.
Oh that's hilarious! Your poor family! :)
Thanks for letting us be a part of your vacation. What a coincidence but what a blessing it was for us! Especially Noah, swimming was his favorite part of our trip I think.
Thanks again!
Post a Comment