Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Do, New Friends

This week I did it.
I chopped off my golden locks.
It feels great. Such a good change for summer.





Nick says he likes it.
And so do these guys...



A few weeks ago I saw one of them pop his sly lil head up at me from the sidewalk and I thought,
"Sick! Oh well, I would rather have a snake then a bunch of bugs."

A couple weeks later I saw two of them cuddling it up in the sidewalk crack and thought,
"Hmmm, I was ok with one, but two is pushing it."

Today I was spraying weeds and found this:



Not one. Not two.
But three slithery little heads peeping up at me.
I am pretty sure there is a nest somewhere.
I despise snakes. But I am also tenderhearted and don't want to just kill them.
What to do, what to do?


6 comments:

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

Love the haircut! Also you look so good!! I would kill the snakes, sorry I'm not nice, b/c they would scare me. But, I would make Rob do it!

Anonymous said...

Yikes snakes are my biggest fear!!!! You're brave for even taking the time to take pictures of em...I would've ran away crying!

Unknown said...

so cute. I am so close to doing the same thing. so very close.

Rachel said...

Your hair looks great! You look beautiful of course.
Um, hello those snakes look way bigger than I thought they were. That would totally freak me out, even though I know that's silly.
I don't know what you should do. Find some large critter that will eat them? :)

Tsosie and Peterson Bunch said...

When we moved into our house we kept finding snakes that were 4+ feet long. We just caught them in a box and took them up the canyon. Mind you - I never actually did that myself - but I supervised it happening. After a couple weeks we got them all out of the yard and haven't seen any since then. Good luck.

Rob and Kat said...

cute hair.
cute outfit.
ugly snakes! ahh! good luck with that. :/