Last December my 'bomb dot com' husband graduated from Utah State University with a degree in Sociology and a minor in Business.
We were a bit preoccupied at the time (uh, having a baby and moving!) so his accomplishment kind of went unnoticed.
Nick wasn't too keen on the idea of walking with the University this Spring so I decided to throw him a Surprise Graduation Party.
It worked out perfect.
Nick had to work half a day Saturday so I went to the park ealier and got a spot and was about to start setting up when Nick called - he had gotten off earlier than I expected! So I rushed home to meet him. (Huge thanks to my mom, Nick's mom and Ann for finishing setting up for me!).
I told Nick I thought we should go for a picnic and sent him to the store to get drinks. When he got home, I had a nice picnic basket ready - which he was NOT allowed to look in.
I proposed we walk to the park (because we were still a bit early for the party).
Nick had no idea I was up to anything.
Even when we got to the park and was walking up to the party he didn't notice -
I finally had to say, "Hey, don't you recognize all these people?" and then he finally realized that he had been tricked!
Ah, I LOVE a good surprise! (well, as long as it's not on me)
We were a bit preoccupied at the time (uh, having a baby and moving!) so his accomplishment kind of went unnoticed.
Nick wasn't too keen on the idea of walking with the University this Spring so I decided to throw him a Surprise Graduation Party.
It worked out perfect.
Nick had to work half a day Saturday so I went to the park ealier and got a spot and was about to start setting up when Nick called - he had gotten off earlier than I expected! So I rushed home to meet him. (Huge thanks to my mom, Nick's mom and Ann for finishing setting up for me!).
I told Nick I thought we should go for a picnic and sent him to the store to get drinks. When he got home, I had a nice picnic basket ready - which he was NOT allowed to look in.
I proposed we walk to the park (because we were still a bit early for the party).
Nick had no idea I was up to anything.
Even when we got to the park and was walking up to the party he didn't notice -
I finally had to say, "Hey, don't you recognize all these people?" and then he finally realized that he had been tricked!
Ah, I LOVE a good surprise! (well, as long as it's not on me)
At the end Nick said he had just one question....
What was in the picnic basket we brought with us...

6 comments:
Yay, congrats Nick! And I laughed out loud when I read the pinata's nickname.
Awesome :) So glad he was so supprised and so sad we missed it :( But congrats Nick! We thought about you while JOhn was walking...
Sorry, rebecca is my mom, but (Elise) made this comment ;)
You might be the best wife and the most prepared cause I wouldn't even have had food storage to use as a decoy. Way to go Nick!!!
haha.. that's awesome, Jess!
yay for nick! congrats to him! ... and you:) can't wait for that day with jordan. your surprise party looks like it was so much fun!
i have been meaning to comment forever ... i have benn loving all of your posts and pictures! paisley is soo stinkin' cute! we really need to hang out!
Post a Comment