Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Day we Met the Penguins...

...This post title will make more sense at the end.
(That will give you some incentive to get through it all.)


Everybody who is any body has been telling us that we have to go to Brugge.
So we finally took them up on it.
And we were not disappointed.

Also known as "Venice of the North," Brugge was a wonderland of canals and unique architecture. Much cleaner than it's Brussels counterparts, Brugge became a haven for us "city" folk.Colored Doors!


City Center
Here's that architecture I was tellin ya about.


The Belfry. Yes, we hiked up the 336 stairs to the top.
And yes, we actually paid 8 euros to do so.
And here is the 8 Euro view.

We rented bikes again. I think it's cooler that way.

We found some windmills - and we didn't even
have to go to Holland to see them!

Nick kinda struggles with smiling "real" in front of the camera.
So I caught him in an off moment.
And I loved it.

I also love Frites and Samurai Sauce.
But you already knew that.

This is Brugge.
This is us in Brugge.



OK. Now for the moment you have all been waiting for!
The Penguins!

So, we actually went to Brugge on a cool day. There was a carnival going on, so
we saw all sorts of floats and people all dressed up making fools of themselves.
Our favorite were the penguins. They were kind enough to let us take a pic with them.
Their Float was "Madagascar"
I loved it!

Just as a side note: We had Subway for lunch and Pizza Hut for dinner. Can you tell we kind of miss American food?

Ok...that's all. Thanks for lookin'


3 comments:

Carly said...

i love the red doors! and the penguins, how funny :)

Rachel said...

That place looks awesome! I love the purple doors and the architecture is amazing. You guys both look great!

Erin said...

Ok, I'm freaking out right now! It's a photographer's dream come true! Every picture you show is exactly what I've been thinking of for photoshoots! Yes, even the penguins.

I'm so glad you are taking advantage of every second there. If you think you might need a photographer to double document your trip, I'm sure I could open up some time in my schedule. :)

<3