Since Saturday is sight-seeing day, we took a nice lil train ride (2 hours) to a historical town known as Ypres. To this day I still don't know how to pronounce it. It took some pretty major hits during World War 1. We rented some sweet bikes and cruised around town and saw some trenches, museums, and countless cemeteries. We strolled through the lovely ramparts (I don't even know what that means) and to top it all off we had some of the best chocolates I have ever tasted. Not a bad day all in all.
Enjoy....I know I did.











Enjoy....I know I did.
4 comments:
jess. i feel SO special you had a dream about us! ... that means you are thinking of me:) ... and don't worry, i am thinking of you! i am thinking of how jealous i am of this awesome adventure you and nick are taking on right now in your lives! i am so glad you are recording it to have forever ... and to share with me! i love all of these pics! what a fun day "strolling through Ypres!" BE SAFE! love your guts!
I'm headed to Switzerland. Have any travel time. I am go to Bern (the temple) and hopefully to Austria. Miss you something fierce!
I saw your blog from my friend Charlotte's Facebook. I noticed the last name and was wondering if you guys.were related to Howard Bahr.
these pics are so great- it just looks so charming there!! keep the post coming =)
Post a Comment