Sunday, February 21, 2010

Country Hoppin'

The great thing about Europe is........the Moon's live here and let us borrow their car (with GPS) for the weekend!
The other great thing about Europe is....that it doesn't take long to scoot over to another country.
And that's exactly what we did.

Hellooooo Holland!
(It's actually called the Netherlands now. But I like the sound of Holland much better.)

We started our early morning with a wonderful, much anticipated trip to the Den Hague Temple.

Beautiful Belgian sunrise.
It feels so good to get out of the city.


Next, we took a short road trip to a place called Kinderdijk.
There we rented bikes (our new favorite past time) and rode around the "Windmill Park." These 19 windmills were built in the 1700's as a way to drain all the water. The sun came out during our ride, making it a perfect day.

This guys was really nice.
Even if he was selling the "worst" hot dogs.

Sorry for the overload of pictures (but I guess if you are looking at our blog it's because you want to see pictures. So really, I am not sorry).

Thanks again to The Moon's for the use of their car! We had a blast!




7 comments:

Jake said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I really like reading about your adventures- We sure miss you guys, have fun over there!

Holloway bunch said...

I love looking at all the pictures and hearing about your adventures! I look forward to them every Sunday! So, what kind of BMW is that? I don't think I've ever seen such an awesome car before!
Annaca

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Jess! You guys are so cute... I love your black hat and black and white coat :) I was thinking how cold it looks but how there is also a smile on your faces all the time! I'm so glad you are having a good time.

HSBahr said...

Once again I am so jealous! Oh how we wish we could come visit. Dang school and work. It looks like you are living it up and having so much fun. Enjoy some frites and a waffle with Nutella for me!

Unknown said...

My kids are jealous, you are living in the "Best Two Years" movie. Nice! I love the windmills and the temple is just stunning. So cool your friends have a car you can borrow and a sweet beamer at that! NICE! Thanks for keeping your blog updated! I love it!

P.S. What did the "worst" hot dog taste like anyway?

Love ya!

Meags said...

what a fun roadie! i love all of the pictures ... i always do! there is never TOO many so keep 'em coming!
it looks freezing! stay WARM! love you!

RHARRIS said...

You are sweet, thanks!
As for you guys! It looks like you're having the time of your lives!! ENJOY your time together! It's fun to keep up on your adventures!