I find it ironic (and a bit disheartening) that the last 3 weekends have been rainy,
while during the week the days are filled with sunshine and warmth.
So this weekend when we looked out our window and we saw dark, threatening clouds -
we decided we wouldn't let our spirits get soaked.
So naturally we bought tickets to L'Aquarium of Barcelona.
It was one of the coolest aquariums I have ever been to, and Paisley was in awe with all the different fishies (what a weird word), penguins, and sharks. I'm glad we bought a years pass so we can go again (ya know, just in case it ever rains again).
Once we got to Barcelona the sun decided to show it's pretty face, and it ended up being quite a beautiful day.
Coming off the metro - we saw the Christopher Columbus Monument (in the background).
Chris disembarked in Barcelona after discovering the Americas.
Here's the Christopher Columbus Monument again.
Nick said to me today, "Hey did you know that the statue on top of the monument is actually Christopher Columbus dipped in Bronze?"
That guy and the things he comes up with.
I actually believed him for a second.
It's a good thing his birthday is coming up this week or I might just get him back. :)
The harbor was quite nice and only had about a gazillion sailboats.
The first thing Paisley said when she first saw the fishies was "Oh, so cute!"
This place was built for kids!
There were several bridges/tunnels for kids to go through and look up at the aquarium from underneath.
I thought this little swirling water slide was cool, but Paisley seemed to think otherwise:

She did, however, find quite the amusement from the penguins.
La Rambla de Mar
Port de Barcelona
It was quite a fun day!
We all had fun getting out and enjoying the sites, but my favorite times are our cuddle sessions at home:




3 comments:
Camilla would LOVE that aquarium! This inspires me to try to take her back to ours, though it's not nearly as cool. :)
Super fun! Add that to our "to do" list for when we come visit!
that looks awesome!!!! so cool you guys have something like that there
Post a Comment