The only downside to Weekends is that they have to come to an end at some point.
Friday was another "Holiday" here, so we had Nick for an extra day.
I really could get used to all these "Holidays" - The Spaniards know what they are doing when it comes to setting up their days off.
I asked a friend from the ward what the "Holiday" was in celebration of and she said,
"I don't know. I just know it's a Holiday and I don't have to go to school."
Awesome.
Here's a few of my favorites from the last few days.
First on the docket -
We dog sitted for one of Nick's classmates.
This lil guy took us back to the days when we had a little weenie dog running around.
Paisley was over the moon happy to have a four legged friend again.
I don't think I have heard her giggle and laugh so much.
It kind of melted my heart.
Our kids are seriously getting big.
Nothing makes me happier as a mom than to see these two snuggle up and love on each other.
And here are my two favorite boys. Ever.
Like father like son, no?
Our original plan for Friday included a little Beach time.
Unfortuantely, the land of Eternal Sunshine decided to throw a rainy day in - just to mix things up.
So we took a little stroll through this forest to a church from the 11 century.
You don't find things this old in the US of A.
The above picture is of another church - though not quite as old,
as well as some local boys playing futbol.
It's a pretty common scene around these parts.
I whipped up some of these chocolate chunk cookies the other day,
and I was immedietely transported back to the USofA for a few seconds.
(Rachelle here is the link to the recipe if you are still interested -
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/05/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.html ).
Weekends don't get much better than a happy little weenie dog,
scenic walks with friends, snuggly siblings, handsome fellas and warm homemade cookies.
And of course this happy little face:
Adios. Hasta Lluego. Buenos Noches.
3 comments:
Looks like an almost perfect weekend. Sure wish we had all those holidays around these parts. Can't believe how big Cruz is getting! And Paisley is of course darling! Miss you guys!
awesome! I love all the sight seeing- that's so good that you guys already made friends out there- glad things are well:)
Thanks for the great post(s) Jess! You guys are so cute! Paisley was exceptionally cute with her little 4-legged friend. Maybe you can show Nick those pictures on a regular basis and talk him into getting a puppy in Spain?!?! XOXOXO Ann, Adam & Ellie
Post a Comment