Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not Your Everyday Stroll in the Park...

Saturday was a gorgeous, sunshine-filled, Spain day-
So our little family skedaddled on down to Barcelona for the day to check out Parc Guell.

If you're a frequenter of Bahr Biographies, you might recall that our last outing to Barcelona took us to the famous Sagrada Familia, designed by Antoni Gaudi.
Well Gaudi did it again.
This time he took his eccentric ideas outside of the religious setting and plastered them around 42 acres of municipal gardens. 


Strolling through the park, was somewhat like strolling through a scene in "Alice in Wonderland."
Each new turn revealing a bizarre yet unique piece of art and workmanship.
I would have like to know what was going on in that Gaudi's head.



We each had a particular favorite part of the day.
Paisley enjoyed the park...within the Parc.



It is said that Gaudi's inspiration came from nature itself.
This place was meant to resemble a surfer's ideal location - "in the tube."
No doubt, Nick really enjoyed this area.



And as for myself.
Well, I still haven't decided if it was the view...




...the view...



 ...Or these beautiful ergonomically shaped, tiled benches on the terrace:




We stopped to enjoy our PB&J sandwiches here (being American and all).





Gaudi seemed to have a passion for tiled art,
and I don't think I could blame him. It was beautiful.







 





 Everyone at the park really seemed intrigued with all the great things to see-
Including us and our two young children.
Seriously, people were amazed to see a young couple with 2 really young children.
I'm glad we could contribute to Gaudi and his unique way of life.




3 comments:

HSBahr said...

What an awesome place! We're going to start making a list all the places we want to go when we come visit! It's hilarious to hear what a spectacle you are with two kids. I'm so glad you are getting out and seeing Spain! So fun!

Brin said...

Such gorgeous pictures! What an amazing experience you are having!! I LOVE that your family is quite the scene in the land of Spain - goes to show how different life is back here in the "Bubble". Looks like you're taking advantage of the wondrous world around you, so happy to get to live vicariously through you!

Unknown said...

i cannot believe you live in EUROPE! such fun adventures, jess! and i love your cute and bright pants!