Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MO to the AB

For the long weekend we went down to Moab for a few days to get our Adventure on.


Looking back, the Adventure gods must have really had it in for us because many things didn't go quite as planned  : car problems the day we were leaving, forgetting to pack extra under-roos :), and Paisley losing her beloved Mrs. Binky on the trip.  

Nonetheless, a lot of things went right on our little trip (despite our smell)---

We woke up to a gorgeous red rock back drop:



Paisley got to suck on a popsicle by the pool:



Her and her daddy even took a dip:



And we went to Arches National Park:


Nick has been here a few times, but this was a first for me.
He snapped a photo of my face when I first saw "Delicate Arch"

(a true mom always carries a sippy cup)


Ya, it's pretty cool. Apparently cool enough for Utah to put it on their license plate.


It was worth the short 3 mile hike (that felt more like 10 in the blazing heat!)
Keeping Paisley cool was our #1 priority:


There's nothing better than spending time with the family.
The older I get, the more I realize this.


3 comments:

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Good for you guys being adventurous and spending time together as a cute fam :)

Rob and Kat said...

you guys are so cute! looks like an awesome trip!! hah, and i love that picture of you seeing balancing rock for the first time...with the sippy cup. :) xoxo

tricia said...

I love that first pic of nick and paisley. You guys are always having fun little trips. I love reading about them:)