I find that as a mother, I am happier, more patient, and enjoy motherhood much more when I am more active with the kiddos.
You bet I enjoy lazy days at home (and they are definitely necessary in order to tackle that never-evending laundry pile), but the more time we spend outdoors, exploring, or going to new places the happier we all are.
And so I have decided to incorporate a "field trip" into our schedule each week.
This week's field trip took us to Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove.
This park, made entirely of wood, has different zones to encourage imaginative/interactive play.
The park was geared more towards older children - but Paisley definitely enjoyed climbing stairs, going down slides, and playing music.
Cruz, on the other hand, fancied the wood chips and baby swings.
This was a model of a T-Rex skull - and PJ is peeking out of it's eye hole :)
Sometimes Paisley has good intentions with her hugs...but Cruz doesn't really appreciate the good intention thing.
After some play time, we went across the parking lot for a picnic.
The kids sure love their matching water bottles (thanks grandma!)
Also, yesterday was 9/11
As I pulled up to the Macey's parking lot and saw the gigantic flag at half mass,
I couldn't help but think about life 12 years ago.
I'm proud to be an American,
and thankful as ever to live in such a beautiful country.
I'm even more thankful to have two adorable kiddos to show it to!


















2 comments:
Looks like my kids would love this place! We'll have to have a play date there some day.
i love discovery park! thats a great idea to do with your kids- we are so excited you guys are back! we would love to get together and catch up and I would love to do play dates sometime! we get rather bored often:) your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment