Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back in the Saddle...I mean, Utah

Being back in Utah makes Spain feel like a dream.
In many ways it feels like we never even left. 
I miss Spain a whole heaping lot - 
but I am loving the conveniences that Utah has to offer.

Hello there trusty Honda.
Oh how I have missed you gigantic Grocery Store.
Nice to have you back, Date Night.
Ya, life is pretty good back in Utah.

And now for some cute photos (in a random, crazy order - a bit of a resemblance of our lives lately)



Our first week back we hit up the Morgan County fair with Aunt Ashley and Mama T.



Cotton Candy? Yes Please!!


Face Painting? Why not?!


I was fortunate enough to get together with a dear friend I met in Hawaii who was in Utah for the summer.

Trish and her adorable kiddos:





Blessings, Blessings, Everywhere!
Nick got his dream job at OCTanner in Salt Lake.







The kiddos missed Grandma's blue wagon.
I missed being able to walk to church in 5 minutes.




 I've come to realize that there's something special about relationships formed in Hawaii.
Obviously Nick and I have very fond memories there...
but these two roommates from the Quiet House, are now residing in Utah and I am stoked.
We had a pool party at Aly's place - it was a blast!









Sometimes Paisley asks about Spain.
She asks about our "other house," some of her toys, and of course the beach.
She frequently asks about her friends in Spain - and I immedietely feel sad.
Good thing Paisley has all but one of her cousins here (can you just move here, Kate???), and both sets of Grandparents nearby to keep her distracted!


Paisley and Ellie and Thanksgiving Point's Farm Country







This started out with Cruz just getting a rinse after dinner- before we know it all 4 cousins were laughing and having so much fun together in the tub!



This is the first time my brother's family and us have lived next to each other.
My brother just got a job at BYU and they moved to Provo.
It is amazing! Our kids are close in age and they all play really well together.



We are so fortunate to be surrounded by so many awesome friends and family!
Hello again, Utah.
It's good to be back.


1 comment:

Tim said...

Sure wish Kate could come back to Utah...someday! I love those pics of Pais and Ellie. Glad you are enjoying the many conveniences of being back in the US of A.
-Hayley