We left Spain just over two weeks ago.
I've been putting this post off for a number of reasons:
(a) our little family has been dealing with jet lag, illness, and overall readjustment to a new place
(b) I really, really hate saying goodbye - and this post is all about us saying goodbye to all the wonderful people we met over the course of one amazing year!
But here it goes....
Our last Sunday in Sabadell 1st Ward was alot harder than I thought.
That ward is full of amazing and caring people.
And it just goes to show that love has no bounds - although I couldn't commuicate with the majority of these people, I still felt their love and developed some amazing friendships!
Cruz and I with Denisse
Paisley with her nursery leader.
As we were sitting in church waiting for it to begin - Nick mentioned to me that he would be giving the closing prayer. I was immedietley struck with fear that I would be asked to pray as well - but was comforted in the fact that they already asked Nick so they would probably have asked me already. I was off the hook.
About two minutes before sacrament meeting began, a counselor from the bishopric walked towards us and my heart sunk. Sure enough, he asked if I would say the opening prayer.
I immedietely asked if I could say it in English, and he said that would be ok.
As I sat there, my nerves getting the best of me, I thought how unfortunate it would be if I left Spain without saying a prayer in Spanish.
So I am happy to announce that I said an entire prayer in Espanol.
It may have been the shortest prayer in history - but I did it.
The next day Denisse and her mother had us over for lunch.
Daniel Lacambra and Julio.
We also had some really nice people come help with the kiddos while we rushed to pack up our apartment over the week:
And of course - the time came to say goodbye to "the mums."
Jane invited us over for one last pool get together. It was the perfect way to end our time in Spain:
beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, and of course beautiful friends.
Nick even treated us to his infamous dolphin show - a major hit!
We ended our last hours in Spain by going full circle --
We went to Bishop Torners house for part of the evening.
One of our first evenings in Spain was spent at the Torner's house - so it was only right to end there as well.
Cruz and Daniel
The Torner Family
Our time in Spain will always hold a special place in my heart.
We had some amazing adventures and saw some awesome things.
But the people and friendships we made were the best part of the whole experience.
As we left Spain, a bit teary eyed, we told each other we weren't saying goodbye to the place or the people...we were merely saying, "Hasta Luego!"


1 comment:
looks like spain will forever be imprinted in your hearts- awesome that you guys were able to go do that while you had the chance! hope you're re-adjusting well and all feeling better!
Post a Comment