If you have followed this lil blog of ours at all, you would have heard me throw out "Parc Catalunya" a few times now.
Parc de Catalunya is the large park right across our street - and will forever hold a very special place in my heart.
There are a few things one can't help loving about this park:
Of course there is the lake (I use this term very loosely) complete with rowboats and a waterfall, the assortment of playgrounds and a skate park, the variety of trees (my favorite being the olive tree), and the meandering trails ideal for running or strolling.
But this park of ours is much more than a nice view from across the street.
Parc de Catalunya is the safe haven I would take our ninos when we first arrived in Spain.
It was the place I resorted to when I was homesick, lonely, and in need of fresh air.
It was the place I could count on to put a smile on my kid's faces as they fed/chased the duckies.
It was the meeting place of many picnics and playdates.
It was the place our family would head to when we just needed a quick trip outside, or a nice family Sunday stroll.
It was the place where we made memories together.
And so it seemed only appropriate to take family pictures in Parc de Catalunya.
A young woman from our ward is getting into photography and agreed to snapping a few shots of us.
The kids were less than cooperative (as you can tell by nearly every single picture) - but I still love how they turned out,
We have seen so many beautiful and surreal places over the last year of our lives,
But to me - Parc de Catalunya will forever be my favorite place in all of Spain.
Thanks Parc de Catalunya for all the memories you gave our little family.

2 comments:
Super cute! I LOVE how they turned out. Your young woman did a great job! What a perfect little place to take your family pics!
I love the pictures! what a good looking family!
Post a Comment