Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break - Montjuic and Sitges

Poor Nick spent the majority of his Spring Break pampering his exhausted, jet-lagged, over-worked and under-paid wife :)
I had just flown back from the wedding in Utah. I had never gotten so little sleep in my life. I got zero sleep on the plane and was ready to crash.
Nick let me sleep in every morning, and it was absolute heaven I tell ya.
By Friday I was somewhat human again and so we packed up our little family, caught the trusty train to Barcelona, and walked around Montjuic for the day.

Montjuic is a nice little mountain/hill down by the water front in Barcelona.
It has great views of the sea/city as well as numerous museums. On weekend evenings there is even a water and light show with music. Unfortunately, due to children's bedtimes we haven't seen the magic fountain water show yet. Someday.


Placa de Espana




 This is where the Magic Fountain Water Show takes place.
In the background is the Museum of Catalan History.




 I spy with my little eye....
Tibidabo.





 Montjuic is a mountain.
Good thing they had some escalators for us.








Parrots and exotic birds run rampant through Spain.
They're quite nice to look at - but make the most annoying noise.




The next day we rented a car since my friend was coming into town the next day.
We took advantage of it and drove to a quaint beach town south of Barcelona called Sitges.
Sitges is known for it's Gay Pride Festival as well for it's beaches.
We went solely for the beaches.











We are so happy Spring is here! Beaches and sunshine here we come!
Stay tuned:
Next up is Alyson's visit. You won't want to miss it.

4 comments:

HSBahr said...

So fun! Looks like a fabulous Spring Break. Have fun with your friend.

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

You are a hottie. Just saying :). And, I can't wait to see you next post with aly!

Ben said...

awesome outings! what a good husband you have!

Ben said...

by the way that was mandy not ben:)