We had a bit too much fun playing tourist while Alyson was here.
Aly was my roommate in Hawaii and one of the greatest - funniest girls I have ever known.
Paisley and Cruz were absolutely smitten with her (rightfully so) and she helped Nick and I to not take life too seriously while she was here.
We all enjoyed some good laughs, good sight-seeing, good talks and just overall good times.
Our first day of playing tourist we drove to a gorgeous little place called Cadaques.
Cadaques is near the French border and was home to famous artist Salvador Dali.
We went and toured Dali's house/garden which was quite fun.
It was super rainy that day so we all got soaked - but it was worth every drop.
Cadaques
Dali's house was situated on a quaint little pebble beach with a spectacular view of the bay.
He had a thing for eggs and their symbolism - hence the eggs throughout his casa.
I didn't take a ton of pictures inside Dali's house but one of my favorites was this:
This is a cage for Dali's canaries.
Cool enough. But if you look closely in the upper right corner is a smaller cage - this is where he kept his crickets.
The next day the sun graced us with it's presence so we went down to Barcelona.
We explored the Sagrada Familia:
As well as beautiful Park Guell:
We then walked the crowded Rambla and found some tapas and Paella (famous Spanish rice dish) to munch on.
The next day was my absolute fave.
I could go on and on about Tossa de Mar. Absolutely dreamy. Check it out:

Take a look at the following sequence.
Nick finally convinced me to get in the water: One foot in the water I realize how terribly cold it is and immedietely run away. Nick chases me down, sopping wet, and gives me a big cold hug. I sure love that fella.
For Aly's last day we went back to Barcelona.
We walked around the Gothic Quarter, walked the Rambla to the beachfront, got churros with hot chocolate, and went to Parc Ciutedella. Good times.
Good times not pictured:
singing in the car, eating xoxo's, and an amazing Flamenco performance from yours truly.
You'll have to come visit the Bahr Casa for these special treats :)
I could go on and on about Tossa de Mar. Absolutely dreamy. Check it out:

Take a look at the following sequence.
Nick finally convinced me to get in the water: One foot in the water I realize how terribly cold it is and immedietely run away. Nick chases me down, sopping wet, and gives me a big cold hug. I sure love that fella.
For Aly's last day we went back to Barcelona.
We walked around the Gothic Quarter, walked the Rambla to the beachfront, got churros with hot chocolate, and went to Parc Ciutedella. Good times.
Good times not pictured:
singing in the car, eating xoxo's, and an amazing Flamenco performance from yours truly.
You'll have to come visit the Bahr Casa for these special treats :)







3 comments:
looks so fun!! looks like you guys are always partying:) I know you're both very busy but at least you guys are making time to have fun- which in my opinion is equally or even more important!:)
Ahh!! Looks so fun :) you are both so awesome and I'm sure it was the best time to be had!
now that looks like the best trip everrrrrrrr!!! I a little but wish I could have been there. And by a little, I mean a lot:)
And you are smokin hot.
That rhymed.
Post a Comment