Monday, April 29, 2013

MM's Round 2

So here we are on Round 2 of Monday Memories.

1.
I started the week out right with a fun playdate in Sant Cugat followd by a trip to the aquarium in Barcelona with some friends. It was a really nice day. However, I found it a bit stressful keeping track of two kiddos (one being wildly crazy) by myself, but we all managed out ok.
As soon as we got back to the train station I went to pull out my wallet to get my ticket, and noticed my wallet was GONE!
Barcelona is the pick-pocket capital of the world, and it finally caught up to me. 
Luckily my friend was there and lent me a ticket to get to Sant Cugat where I met Nick.

Four days later Nick got several calls on his phone and it turns out a worker at a restaurant had found my wallet there. Obviously all the cash was missing - but credit cards, drivers license, and insurance cards were all in place. BLESSINGS!


And kudos to my hubby for being fearless and going to pick up my wallet from the restaurant dude. He sounded kind of shady at first, and we weren't sure what we were getting into when he wanted to meet.



2. 
(I apologize to those of you following me on Instagram as most of what I post here is a repeat.)

On Wednesday a friend (and an English mum) invited me and several other mums and tots over for a true English Tea Party. Complete with English Tea (I had lemonade), cakes, scones, and lots of yummy sandwiches.  It was SO much fun - and I am realizing that I am not just making "friends" here in Barcelona - but I am making a new family as well.






3.
A few funny things PJ said this week:

We were all sitting down eating breakfast...
PJ: "This is Delicious....."
Me: "Thanks Paisley."
PJ: "Thanks Jess!"
Me, smiling: "Your Welcome"
PJ: "Gracias Jess"

Paisley was sitting on the ground putting multiple bandaids on her.
Me: "Paisley what happened?"
PJ: "I came in for a crash landing!"

And my personal fave:

Laying on the couch together...
PJ: "Mommy, you're my beeeest friend!"



4.
Paisley has officially figured out how to open doors in our house.
This means that Naptime/quiet time ceases to exist at our house. She just comes right back out of her room.
Paisley refuses to take naps these days, so you can imagine my surprise when this happened in Nursery yesterday:

She straight up fell asleep under the table in Nursery! 


5.
Lastly, we stumbled across this quaint little restaurant in Sabadell the other day.
It looked really lovely....until we looked inside and noticed all the pig legs hanging from the ceiling...



That's a wrap!
I hope to see some Monday Memories up on your blogs today.....wink wink ;)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

i love these monday memories im going to have to join you in doing it- those pics are great sounds like you've been having a lot of fun! and i love all the cute things paisley says:) kids are the best!