Thursday, August 30, 2012

Livin La Vida Loca

This post has nothing to do with Ricky Martin.
Instead, it's a short rant about how crazy our lives have been for the last 2 weeks.
I am really behind on my blog (and it's driving me crazy), but I probably won't catch up until I am living in the land of "Eternal Sunshine." 
(At least that's what our soon-to-be Spanish Bishop calls it).

Over the last two weeks we have:
Enjoyed spending time with Mark, Jenny and their adorable kids,
Blessed our sweet little Cruz,
Packed, and moved all of our stuff to Morgan and moved out of the only place Paisley has ever known as "home,"
As well as enjoyed time with family and friends, and finished up odd ends in preparing for Spain.
It's been kinda Ca-raazy.

And hard.
Today I said goodbye to my parents and my heart is hurting.
I have had numerous people ask what I think about moving to Spain and here you have it:
I think it's going to be an awesome opportunity and adventure for our family.
I also know it's going to be one of the hardest things I'll ever do.
Taking the grandkids away from grandparents and vice versa is heartbreaking to me but I know in the end it will be worth it.
I'm so excited for the cultural experience we will all have and I know it will benefit for our entire family for years, but I am also extremely scared/nervous for all the unknowns.
Many people have called my "brave" for being willing to embark on this adventure with two little kiddos- but really I think I am either naive or insane.

Wish us luck.
My next post will probably be from our new home across the world in a little place called Spain.

However,  I can't bid adieu without a few cute pictures from Cruz's blessing day:



Paisley loved her cousin Camilla - and apparently made her a little nervous with all her kisses.




Big sisters Paisley and Camilla with little brothers Cruz and Luke.
Luke and Cruz are only 2 1/2 weeks apart!




Paisley's cute cuzzies Ellie and Camilla




Our HAPPY little familia!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Jessica, good luck! I'm so glad to have met you and your cute family. What a crazy adventure you're in for. Can't wait to read about it.

HSBahr said...

So happy to see some pics of Cruz's blessing. Wish we could have been there! Good luck as you get ready to leave. You are brave! And it's okay that is hard. Crying is very normal!

Harris said...

Yes, good luck with everything....I hope you blog alot so we can see all your adventures :) Such a cute family pic!

Brooke said...

Hey girly, Hope you're okay! Doing the foreign country thing is definitely difficult and I can't imagine with two littles. I hope you settle in okay. And just be patient with yourself and the language! Also, make the grandparents come visit!

Brooke said...

Oh yeah, and Skype a lot! You'll feel like you never left them with that.