Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baby you're a Firework

This year we celebrated America's Birthday Transtrum family style.
We went to Morgan to spend the day with my parents.
We enjoyed good food, PJ's first parade, kids carnival, and some hard core white water rafting.

Check it out. 


Paisley actually really enjoyed the parade. She was even patriotic enough to put her hand over her heart.
And she got quite the loot in candy:




Her favorite part of the kids carnival was the bouncy house and playing with the bubbles.
This kid would play with bubbles all day if we let her.



We rented a double kayak for the day so we could be hard core rafters.
I don't think you get much more hard core than being 9 months pregnant and rafting - -



Good thing I am NOT that hard core. 
Although it was tempting to cool myself off in the river - I opted to stay on land this trip.

Did I mention I chopped my hair off?


I left the real hard core stuff to Nick and my dad.
They floated about 10 miles and went over a few rapids.





Including this bad guy:


Luckily Papa T. made it out with a few bruises and scratches.
After all that action, Paisley thinks she's ready to hit some white water herself.




I'm grateful to live in this great country and to celebrate the freedoms I enjoy each day.
Happy Birthday America!

2 comments:

HSBahr said...

Love the hair Jess! Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July!

Unknown said...

you ARE so hardcore. that's awesome jess... kayaking at 9 months pregnant! lol. and i saw the pictures of baby boy on fb and he is so HANDSOME!!! so excited for you!! seriously, how great do you look like 4 days before giving birth. seriously. i can only aspire to be like you one day. also, the patriotic apparel. :)

hope you are doing well!!! can't wait for more pics of your newly bigger family!! xoxo