Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Been a Week

It's been exactly one week since we brought little Cruz home.

It's been a week of exhaustion and little sleep.
It's been a week of illness.
It's been a week of pain.
It's been a week full of tantrums and lots of tears.
It's been a week of adjustment.

It's also been a week filled with tender mercies.
It's been a week of smiles, hugs, and kisses. Lots of kisses.
It's been a week of some much needed laughter.
It's been a week of sweet angels showing up on our doorstep with meals, gifts, and well wishes.
It's been a week of pure love and endless gratitude.



Also, here are some pictures I took of Cruz when he was one week old.
I need him to stay this little and snuggly forever.





2 comments:

Mandy said...

those pics are so sweet! love the naked ones and paisley loving on him- congrats again!

jenny t said...

Oh man, sounds like you nailed it! The good news is it really does get a little better each day. A few less tantrums, a few more hours of sleep. And when the meals stop coming, you still manage to find a way to eat. :) When Luke was brand new and we were in the hospital, I remember thinking, "How can anybody ever be done having these sweet wonderful babies?" And then when I got him home and reality set in, I realized just how hard it is to have a newborn. It's wonderful but exhausting. Hugs to all of you, and hope you're healing/adjusting/living well!