Saturday, March 5, 2011

My New Best Friend!

I am new at this whole mother thing.
I don't know the tricks of the trade.....yet.
However, I have discovered one that has been my saving grace.

Meet my new friend...No, this has nothing to do with housework, although my carpets are probably the cleanest they have ever been.
You see, sometimes my baby isn't too happy.
Every once in a while she gets upset. Real upset.
We're talking the upset that makes me want to cry (or pull my hair out).
However, I have found that running the vacuum while she is screaming her guts out turns my poor baby from this...



Into this...


This was literally after 30 secs. of vacuuming

Run that vacuum for just a few more minutes and you get this...

(out cold)

When our baby isn't being soothed to sleep by good old DD,
she's throwing out these beauties...

Her smiles just melt my heart. These are the first ones captured on camera, but she has actually been smiling for some time now. To be honest, she smiled at me right after she was born.
Gas, you say? Nah, she was just happy to finally meet her mama (at least that's what I like to think!).

Oh, and Paisley Jane attended her first sacrament meeting last Sunday.
She was an absolute doll.
Here's the pics to prove it:


I just love my sweet lil' family!
Every. Last. One.

8 comments:

The Godfreys said...

ha! that's funny. I've heard of white noise machines (I think that is what they are called) kind of like the vaccuum then baby will sleep through anything. she's beautiful by the way, and so are you!

Jake said...

She is really cute! We use a fan the same way you use the Dirt Devil. We sure miss you guys- hope Nicks new job is going well-

tricia said...

White noise is every mom's best friend. But I don't believe that precious little Paisley would ever behave like that. NO, you photo shopped those sad faces.
Your little family is pretty smokin hot. And I love her little Sunday dress and headband.

Jules said...

These pictures are adorable -as are the last ones of you guys, you are a good-lookin' family!! :) Little Paisley is beautiful!

Aarean Jergensen said...

ugh I wish the vacuumed worked with my bundle. oh well...she is just beautiful Jess. You did good girl. you did good. :-)

Rob and Kat said...

that picture of you and baby is so precious! almost as precious as the last one with nick, baby, and puppy. haha. so cute!

Amanda said...

you look GORGEOUS Jess, but you always do. That last picture is priceless!

Paisley really is a beauty and I love that the vacuum soothes her. With Honor it was the blow dryer. We even got one just for her room that was ready whenever.

I am sure you are an amazing momma and I am still just so happy for you and your beautiful family!

AJ said...

You look amazing!