Monday, May 13, 2013

French Riviera (Part 1)

For Mother's Day this year Nick took me to the French Riviera. 
I am one lucky mommy.
It was an amazing vacation. 
It may not have been the most relaxing vacation - but we have decided that relaxing vacations and kids just don't mix.
Relaxing or not, however, the French Mediterranean is absolutely stunning.
It's not called the "Blue Coast" for nothing....

Day 1:
We left in the late afternoon right after Nick got out of school and drove to our hotel just past the Spain border. It was here that Cruzer enjoyed his first dip in a pool...










The next morning we woke up and headed to a little town called Collioure just a few kilometers away. We walked around town, played at the beach (where Cruz enjoyed a few handfuls of sand), and ate the best gelato ever...




...vacations are a bit exhausting.














After a wonderful morning in beautiful Collioure we headed inland to a place called Carcassonne. Carcassonne was a medieval city that was completely fortified. It was rather impressive...










- Have you  noticed how our PJ has been bringing her baby with her everywhere? 
She loves that thing (or I should say loved)
Stay tuned for my next posts to see our adventures in Cassis, Marseille, and Nice -
and to see what fate awaits Paisley's baby :)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

looks so fun!!!!! what a great mothers day gift!

jenny t said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you guys got to take a trip, even though I know how exhausting it must have been. I wait in anticipation to find out the baby's fate. ;)