Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Put your hands together for Mr. & Mrs. Haslam!

This last weekend I flew home for my little sister's wedding.
I took Cruz along to keep me company on the 13 hour flight.
He was an absolute champ! I even had random people coming up to me at the baggage claim to comment on how well he did. 
This ain't his first rodeo folks.

Anyway, back to Ashley.
She was a gorgeous bride. It was a beautiful ceremony. It was a perfect day with family.

A mere two hours before we were supposed to leave for the temple my SIL Jenny pulled me aside and said, "I forgot my temple recommend."
A rush of panic flew through my head and I blurted out, "I forgot mine too - it's in SPAIN!"
We frantically tried to figure out how we could negotiate our way into the Temple that morning by calling bishops, Stake Presidents, etc...
Everything turned out just fine despite a few minutes of fear of missing out on Ashley's Sealing.
Lesson learned. Always remember your recommend. But just know that if you happen to forget - everything will still be ok.

 The happy new couple!





 My favorite part of the trip?
Having all of my siblings together. It had been way too long.






Meet Millie. Mark and Jenny's little one. Is she not the sweetest little thing?



Cruz was smitten with Auntie Rachelle.




Uncle Hutch doesn't seem too sure about the kid thing.....yet.






It was also great to see alot of extended family as well.
Here's my Grandma with Millie.

Despite the jet lag - little sleep - and crazy mixed up schedule-
Cruz did such a great job on our short little trip.
As a reward, he got to suck on some gummy bears during the reception. He couldn't get enough.




My favorite part of the sealing ceremony was when the Sealer talked about when he was called to be a Sealer by Pres. Monson. 
Pres. Monson reminded him how "Luck" was opportunity met with preparedness.
So his advice for the new couple:
"Good Luck"



Welcome to the fam, Uncle Hutch,
Good luck!


3 comments:

Tim said...

So glad you got to be there for the big day! I'm sure Nick and Paisley are so glad you are back! Glad the flight went so well too, way to go Cruz! -Hayley

Mandy said...

awesome!! I'm glad you had a good trip and everything went well with the wedding! Thats great cruz does so good traveling- the longest flight I ever had with bobby was 5 hours and lets just say it was pretty painful:) haha glad things are going well- I hope you made it back home safe!

tricia said...

I love weddings!!!! Congratulations!