Thursday, February 7, 2013

Toddler Sense - Chinese New Year

My dear friend Jane introduced me to a class in Barcelona for the munchkins called Toddler Sense.
For an hour every week Paisley gets to explore her senses and get her wiggles out. 
It's been really great so far - Paisley gets to be active and crazy, and I get my mum time!

Sometimes me and Paisley make it a girls day and go just the two of us,
and sometimes we let the boys tag along for some good family fun.

The first part of the session the kids just get to explore and play:



Paisley and Eva







Look at this cheeser - love it!







And then we gather into a circle for songs and other activities.
Today we celebrated the Chinese New Year so we played with red balloons, banged on drums, and had a light show with lots and lots of bubbles....



One thing I really enjoy about this class is that the parents are encouraged to be very interactive with the kiddos.
I've really enjoyed not just watching Paisley learn and grow throughout these classes, but helping her as well.









Cruzer man and his handsome dad tagged along today - so after Cruz ate his tasty lunch he got to join in on the fun!









Isn't he getting so big?!


And it wouldn't be right to celebrate the Chinese New Year without a Dragon!





I think this picture of all us moms holding our children and trying to be a dragon is pretty comical.





Having a social life the past several weeks sure has made a world of difference!
I don't think I realized before how much I needed it.  Part of me thought Nick was a little bit crazy when he'd pray everyday that I would find some friends.
Shortly after - he met a wonderful English lady (Jane) on the train who has since introduced us to some awesome playdates, activities, more amigas, an awesome doctor's office, and lots of other helpful information.
Coincidence? You might think so. But I know Heavenly Father answers prayers and he's very aware of me and my little family.  
And now I know why we gave Paisley Jane her middle name ;)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

thats an awesome story- Im glad the Lord is answering your prayers and making your stay in Spain a good one. it always nice to have those experiences to remind us that He is aware of us and loves us. That place looks awesome!!! I wish they had something like that here (they prob do but i just dont know about it)- it looks like so much fun- getting out and playing always helps life seem a little better:) your kids are so big and sooooo cute!!!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Aww, I'm so happy for you!! That class looks so fun. I'm the same way with social stuff... I think I'm ok without it but then I get it and wonder what I was thinking. I'm so glad you've made some friends and that paisley can go to such an invigorating and stimulating class. It looks like a smallish group too which is nice because then it's not just a zoo :) love you girl, you inspire me to be a better mommy