Sunday, January 13, 2013

Party Time in Utah!

As mentioned in my previous post,
we did ALOT of celebrating whilst in Utah. 

First up:
My 28th Birthday!
I spent the entire day going from one fun thing to the next - it was awesome!
First we met up with my good friend and old roommate, Alyson, for breakfast in American Fork-


If you start your day out with this girl than it's guaranteed to be a great day!
(and yes the kiddos are still in the pajamas - we just drove down from Morgan that morning)

After breakfast we went to one of our little family's favorite places in all of Utah Valley:
Provo Beach Resort





After some gnarly surf,
we grabbed some cafe rio (my fave!), and than the girls and I went and got pedicures. Thanks Kim!

After some nice pampering we delighted in some delicious birthday cake (from Maglebys of course),
decorated by my talented hubby:




To finish off the day, I went back to the Salon and got my hair done.
I have been very nervous about getting my hair done in Spain - so I took advantage of our time in Utah to get it redone.
To end the evening, Nick and I got a little quiet time and went to dinner at Carrabbas.
Best. Birthday.Ever

The next day was our 5th Anniversary!
I don't think we were really thinking when we decided to get married Dec. 28 - other than we just really, really wanted to get married and that day worked with our school schedules.
Nick's probably kicking himself in the pants now that he has to really fork out the dough each December - but it's party week and I love that we get to celebrate and have fun for an entire week straight!

We had some pretty fun plans to go up to Salt Lake for our anniversary.
We were going to go to the temple and do some Sealings and reminisce of our special day five years ago, and than do some shopping around City Creek and end the day with a nice Thai dinner.

But those plans were washed by the wayside after we took our kiddos to the doc that morning to find out they had Bronchiolitis. To top things off, we decided to get Cruz's shots that day.
As a result, I just couldn't see leaving our two sick kids for the entire afternoon/evening, and sadly we cancelled our anniversary plans.
We were fortunate enough to go eat at a lovely place in Provo that evening (La Jolla Groves) after los ninos were fast asleep.

It was still a wonderful day - 
but than again, it's always an amazing day when I get to share it with the love of my life:


Here we are showing our awkward "first date" pose.
We sure have come along ways over the last 5 years! And here's to a many more!





Are you still with me??
Good - beacuse we had one last celebration before we left to go back to Espana.
We celebrated Paisley turning DOS ANOS!
We went with a low-key Dora the Explorer theme - I'll let the pictures do the talking!





All the cuzzies took part  in the game "Pin the Horn on the Bull"






I am pretty sure Paisley's favorite part of her birthday party - and our entire time in Utah for that matter - was all the fun times she had with her cousins!!
She couldn't get enough of them!

We have been back to Spain and back to reality for nearly two weeks now, and Paisley still asks about going to see Grandma, Grandpa and all her cousins.
Thanks everyone for putting up with all us Crazies while we were in Utah!
Thanks for the celebrations, partying, and good old "chill" times we enjoyed for two weeks straight!




2 comments:

Mandy said...

wow sounds like a blast!!! happy birthday jess and paisley! Glad you guys got in good times with family and a nice break from spain!! jess how do you always look so cute?

Brin said...

I'm so glad you got to come back to Utah for your many celebrations! (Christmas, New Years, Anniversary, P's birthday - WOW!) And let me just say, you look GORGEOUS! Any advice on how you lost all your prego weight so fast!? Beautiful.