Our original plan didn't include us coming home for Christmas Break.
However, as the holiday's approached we found ourselves longing to be back home with family.
When we bought out flights out to Spain it was cheaper to buy a roundtrip, so our return flight was for Dec. 17 - and it sure would have been a shame to waste it :)
Because of these two things - Operation: Surprise We're in Utah became a reality.
We decided to return to Utah for the Holidays but only told a few family members. We wanted to surprise our moms - and a surprise it was!
It felt so good to be back, and we enjoyed all things that the good ole U.S had to offer:
Zupas, Cafe Rio, Dr. Pepper, Date Nights, Family Time, Car Rides, and Large Grocery Stores.
We were in Heaven.
The kids caught a bug on our way over the pond so we spent the entire two weeks jet- lagged and getting over colds - but we still enjoyed our time.
When we first arrived I took Paisley to get her haircut at a place just for kiddos.
She loved the indoor slide, sitting in the car, watching cartoons and the sucker and balloon she got afterwards.
Here's a before and after shot.
Before we moved to Spain, Paisley's hair was straight as could be, but now it has started to get quite wavy with some curls!
We were at the Bahr house for Christmas Eve this year and Paisley couldn't get enough of cousin time!
Paisley's a great little lover, and gives hugs every chance she gets -
as much as I would like to take credit for this attribute - I think she probably gets it from her dad:
as much as I would like to take credit for this attribute - I think she probably gets it from her dad:
Christmas morning was especially fun this year because Paisley really got into opening presents and playing with all the toys.
We woke up to find Santa and Mrs. Claus had come - and were still there!!
We sure got spoiled Christmas morning!
Later Christmas day we went and spent the day with the Transtrum family for more Christmas fun!
We were so fortunate for the opportunity to return to Utah for the Holidays - it just isn't the same without our families.
We did oodles of celebrating while we were in Utah:
Jess's Birthday - Anniversary - Paisley's birthday
(I'm including these in a separate post).
We also took advantage of all the SNOW we were welcomed to while we were there!
Since we probably won't be coming home for Christmas over the next few years we decided we better let the kiddos play in the snow while we had the chance - they might not see it for another 3-4 years!!
I've become quite the wimp over the years,
and was quite relieved once we got back in Spain to the 60 degree weather.
Oh, and did I mention my kid sister Ashley got engaged over the break?
This means we get to go back to Utah in March for the wedding!
Jay-whooooo!







2 comments:
So fun!!! In a total wimp in the cold... Hawaii ruined me forever! I'm so glad you got to come visit your families :)
It was so wonderful to have you home! What a great surprise! We miss you but are sure glad we got to spend a little bit of time with you!
Post a Comment