Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Paisley Jane turns TWO!!!

Our little PJ turned two yesterday!
I am still trying to convince myself that I have a two year old. It's ca-ray-zee!

We had a fun, yet busy day celebrating!
First off,
Paisley woke up to a special birthday breakfast:


scrambled eggs, pancake with nutella and pink sprinkles.
She thought that was the cat's pajamas.


She got to open one toy that morning while I got us all ready to go:


As soon as she saw what it was she squealed with delight,
"Old McDonald....Had a Farm! Yay!"
My plot worked and it entertained her all morning until we were good to go to our play group in Sant Cugat.

I've met a wonderful friend here that has introduced me to a couple different playgroups. 
(Heavenly Father answers prayers).
For this playdate we met in a quaint little coffee shop that had a side room full of toys and tables for el ninos.
Paisley loved it!





Cruz thought it was pretty chill too, despite the fact that it was naptime.

After play group we went to my friend's house for some lunch.
My sweet friend even had a little surprise party prepared for Paisley - complete with balloons:



After lunch, we dove into some cupcakes that I had made
 (I am overcoming the trial of baking in Spain!)








We opened gifts,
pretended to be cows....



and made new friends...


(Cruz is chewing on Norah's hand...that's how we do it around here)

It was an absolutely lovely afternoon
*to be read in a British accent*
(I have been hanging out with a few British ladies lately and I find myself starting to talk like them!)

We then headed to the park for some good outdoor fun:






Paisley is getting SO big - and even enjoys the big kids swings!
I love this picture of her with Eva (Eva is my friend's daughter). Pure happiness.

After the park we rushed to the train station to meet Nick, and then we went home for some more partying. 
We busted out (more) cake and ice-cream  In my book, you can never have too much cake on your birthday... or your daughter's birthday for that matter.




Family pic where we are all smiling = success!

Here's a little video of PJ blowing out her candles. It melts my heart - maybe just because I am her mom - but this girl is just the sweetest!




I think it's when she refers to herself in 3rd person that I just melt. 

Paisley ended the night with a bang by opening the rest of her gifts.
This girl is spoiled I tell ya.







And she even got to skype both Grandmas that evening.
Absolutely spoiled.

Paisley stayed up way past her bedtime for one last hoorah with Las Hermanas.
Paisley is really good at making friends in the ward (her cuteness has nothing to do with it)
and the Hermanas are no exception. She loves the "sisters, "Hermanas," and "girls"



After which Paisley promptly went to bed and zonked right out from a day chalked full of fun, partying and celebration. It's how every birthday should be.


I can honestly say my life was changed for the best two years ago when Paisley Jane was placed in my arms.  I loved her right away, and continue to love her more and more each day.  
I have found my greatest happiness and joy comes from being her mother. 
I could go on and on with the cheesiness but I will spare you.

Happy two years baby girl...here's to many more!




6 comments:

Meagan said...

That video is the absolute cutest! I love her singing the words to the song. She is sooo good at talking & has the sweetest little voice!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

So sweet! What a fun birthday she had!!

Mandy said...

that was the best! she is so cute! i know time flies right?? happy birthday paisley!!

Brin said...

Jessica, you are such a cute mom! Paisley is adorable and lucky to have you.

HSBahr said...

Happy Birthday dear Paisley! Looks like an awesome day! Loved the video!

Unknown said...

awww... happy (belated) birthday to little Paisley!! She is such a beauty! it looks like you guys had lots of fun!! p.s. i like your boots in that slide picture.