Thanksgiving was a little bit tricky this year.
Thanksgiving is an American holiday - and we aren't in America.
But we celebrated anyway - Spanish/Bahr style.
No Turkey's to be found this time of year, so the cast of characters for our feast included:
Roasted Chicken
Coconut and Brown sugar topped Sweet Potatoes
Lemon-Zested Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Bread with Honey Butter (I really wanted to make homemade rolls but I couldn't get the yeast to rise)
Cauliflower (brought by our friend Carme)
and Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
We invited the Sister missionaries over and a good time was had by all.
I have learned a lot over the past 2 1/2 months.
The thing I have learned the most is just how much I love and NEED my family.
I can't even begin to describe how much I miss my family back home.
And my family here - well I have come to depend on them more than ever.
I can't imagine a life without this guy:
He sure makes life fun!
(Kim may recognize this candy??)
I've always looked forward to being a mom - but I love it way more than I ever thought possible.
It might have something to do with these two cutie pants:
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving - and we were grateful to spend it with some new friends here.
Paisley especially ate up all the extra attention:
He sure makes life fun!
(Kim may recognize this candy??)
I've always looked forward to being a mom - but I love it way more than I ever thought possible.
It might have something to do with these two cutie pants:
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving - and we were grateful to spend it with some new friends here.
Paisley especially ate up all the extra attention:



1 comment:
sounds delicious! glad everything is going well- and I think its awesome that you guys are alwasy having the missionaries over- Im sure they appreciate it to and it no doubt will give you blessings! Love the last pics of paisley:) looks like she enjoyed herself
Post a Comment