Saturday, December 8, 2012

Go Go Gaudi!

Most of you probably haven't noticed,
but I have been MIA from the blogging world for a couple weeks.
Blogger has been giving me some problems with uploading pictures,
and as a result I will most likely be switching domains come the New Year.
I'll keep you posted.

Anyway,
I am back on the wagon tonight and have put up a few new posts,
including our adventure today in Barcelona.



To be honest, I have never been a big fan of large cities - 
but the more I visit Barcelona, the more I fall completely in love with it.
Of course, however, when Gaudi is involved you can't help but love it.




Here are a couple of cool buildings we passed by on our stroll.


Today we visited two famous Casa's designed by Gaudi:
Casa Battlo and Casa Mila

First up - Casa Battlo




My favorite part of Gaudi's architecture/designs is his tile work.
The work on Casa Battlo was absolutely stunning!








Here's a great view of the entire building:




Little Miss Paisley Jane has developed quite the fascination with leaves. Every. Single. One.
She insists on stopping and picking each one up - and then it either goes straight into the stroller or "mommy old it?"


Of course I can't turn down such a sweet little face.




She also loves to walk everywhere we go.
As a result, going anywhere takes twice as long.
It's ok though, and it helps remind us to enjoy all the little things.


Next we have Casa Mila.
Supposedly this resembles a melting ice cream cone.





This concludes today's adventures.  
Hasta Luego Gaudi!

4 comments:

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

So many adventures!! Sorry blogger is bugging out on you. That's such a bummer!

HSBahr said...

AMAZING!!! You guys are so luck!

jenny t said...

Beautiful, beautiful. I love the pictures in the mountains. Blogger is giving me fits about uploading pictures, too. I'll be interested to see where you switch to, because I'm thinking about doing the same. Just haven't had time to sit down and try to sort it out.

Mandy said...

wow thosepics are breathtaking- what fun to get to see so many new places- love all the pics~