Monday, November 5, 2012

The Glitz of Biarritz

It was loads of fun planning a surprise surfing trip for Nick's birthday.
Almost as much fun as the actual trip itself.
We went to Biarritz, France for the long weekend to celebrate Nick becoming an old awesome man.
This quaint little town used to be a popular getaway for the royalty of Europe, but today it appeals to a different genre of people: surfers. 
Rightfully so, as Biarritz is the birthplace of surfing in Europe.

Surfing for Nick is like chocolate for me: 
it's comforting, offers a good way to unwind, and is downright therapeutic.

I hope you enjoy the glitz of Biarritz, we sure did.

Commence picture overload:


 In our hotel room eating some French grub.



 View from our Hotel room.



 I was snapping pictures, and I look down at Paisley and she said:
Say CHEESE!



Nick, just checking out the local surf.










"Virgin on the Rock"


























I love this picture - this girl couldn't get enough of the beach.







 The waves and a sunset. It was perfect.



Notice Hotel du Palais in the background.
It was the palace of Napoleon the 3rd's wife back in the day.




She started crawling in it and for a minute there I thought she might eat the stuff.









French Pastries... 






Headed out for some soul therapy.






We have a picture similar to this on every trip we have gone on.
We consider it a success when we tire her out to the point of falling asleep.




Adieu, Biarritz


2 comments:

HSBahr said...

OH MY HECK! So beautiful! So glad you got to get away! Looks like a perfect place! Glad NIck got to catch some waves.

Ann said...

Looks like a successful trip! And SO beautiful! I'm glad you are taking advantage of all there is to see and do. Sidenote: Paisley's hair is getting so long and it looks like a little curl is growing in the back? So cute! XOXOXO Ann