For me, blogging serves two main purposes:
1. To connect with friends and family back home
2. To journal and document our lives
That being said, I feel like a week without a blog post is just not right.
So, although I don't have any big exciting adventures to post about (like a trip to France),
I do have an assortment of ideas/photos to share.
First off-
Are these two related or what?
Here's a picture of Paisley at 5 months and Cruz at 4 months.
I personally can see a lot of similarities between these two (and have since birth).
To me, Cruz is a lighter (blonder hair, bluer eyed) version of his older sister.
One thing is for sure - they're happy and cute, and I love them to pieces.
The reason I don't have any big and exciting adventures to post about over our weekend is because we spent most of it doing this:
Thursday morning after Nick had gone to school, Paisley fell asleep on the ground watching the "Big Shone" (aka the iPad) and that's when I knew she wasn't feeling well.
She had a fever all day and spent most of it sleeping. Very untypical of Paisley.
As soon as Nick got home we took her to the Dr. to get some meds.
She had a fever of 103, an ear infection and sore throat. Poor gal.
Note: Having a sick child is never any fun.
Having a sick child in a different country where you don't have a doctor/know where a doctor is located/speak the language to find a good doctor is downright awful.
It was such a hard weekend for all of us.
Paisley's eyes tell it all here - as we are headed out the door to find the doc:
And although there were a few days where I just wanted to throw in the towel -
I can look back now and see how blessed we were throughout the whole ordeal.
For instance-
our insurance packet arrived the day before giving us our insurance cards,
and it was Nick's last day of school for the week so he was able to stay home all weekend (I would have gone insane all by myself).
Paisley is doing much better now.
She's back to her old tricks.
Ya know, like "making milk like mommy"
:/
Trying on, Cruz's pants,
(the funny thing is they fit around the waist - they were just too short)
And coaching Cruzer on the appropriate tummy time techniques.
These two are getting to be great friends and I just eat it up.
Although we didn't get to go do any sightseeing this weekend,
we did get out of the house.
Here in Spain they don't celebrate Halloween much.
Instead they have a tradition of eating roasted chestnuts and sweet potatoes.
Halloween came and went and we never did try any of the roasted chestnuts they sell along the streets.
Fortunately, we found a place still roasting some so we got a few.
Although tasty, we decided we liked Halloween candy better.
Welp, that pretty much sums up our lives for the past week.
Hope everyone back home is staying warm (holy snow!) - we will be thinking of you as we enjoy the mid 60s here :)



3 comments:
I am so sorry Paisley was sick! Hopefully at the very least it was good to figure out how to get to a doctor in the future. They do look a lot alike! And good for you for doing Tummy Time. I hate it almost more than my kids, so Luke doesn't get it much. Consequently he can only roll one way still, but can sit up by himself. I feel like I've failed him. ;) And you don't have to make excuses for blogging, we are glad to see what you're up to. I don't always have time to comment, but I always, always read them!
It's so fun to read your blog posts. You're doing great, I can't imagine doing the sick kid thing in another country! That would be really stressful finding a doctor and communicating. Very glad that your insurance came.
I also read your posts, just happen to comment only rarely :( Sorry about that! You are really keeping a good blog though and it'll will be wonderful especially when you don't live there anymore, you're keeping great track of your lives.
ALso, your children are adorable :)
PS- This is Brooke, if it shows up as Rob, sorry!
so cute! they do look so much alike- im sorry paisley was sick- im glad you were able to find a doctor and that shes doing better- that pic of her "making milk" cracked me up!:) miss you guys!
Post a Comment