Nick used to worked with a guy who was getting his Eagle Scout and asked him to speak at his Court of Honor; so we flew out for the weekend.
Neither one of us had been in Texas before (outside the airports) so it was a real treat.
Friday night we went to our friend's little sister's play. It was about the holocaust. It was truly amazing and inspiring. The play was based on the book: Eva's story. (It is similar to Anne Frank's diary. In fact Anne and Eva were the same age during the Holocaust. After the war, Eva's mother married Anne Frank's father, making Eva and Anne stepsisters). I highly suggest you read it.
After the play, the main character, Eva, now 80 years old, was actually there for an answer and question session. She truly is a remarkable and inspiring lady. It took her 40 years to be able to talk about her experiences as a survivor of the holocaust. Nick and I were able to get our picture with her after the show.
Saturday morning we visited the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a bit different than what we expected for an Aquarium. It had birds, insects, and even a jaguar.
This bird was definitely use to humans. Later a saw a toddler pulling on his feathers, but he didn't seem to mind.
Nick and I in front of the waterfall
Nick's fishy face
Flamingo Frenzy

Nick, Cooper, Katy and Katy sitting in the shark tube.
After the Aquarium was Coop's Court of Honor. We ate some real good food that night, and finished the night off with another visit to The Orange Cup, a really good frozen yogurt place.
Sunday we flew back home to find Keiki not too traumatized. I was probably more traumatized than she was leaving her home alone for the weekend. Thank goodness we have great friends to help us out!
Nick says I treat Keiki too much like a human...I don't think so.
Although it was a short trip to Dallas it was so much fun. We both fell in love with Texas and the Southern Hospitality!
2 comments:
looks like you guys had lots of fun. we really need to get together you and i. it's been far too long.
I with you...there is nothing like Southern hospitatily.
I with Nick...have a kid.
Post a Comment