Sunday, September 7, 2008

It has been a LONG time....

and for those of you that are devoted fans of the Bahr blog I apologize for taking so long to update!

Nick and I are back in Logan! Nick is back at Utah State and I am back at North Cache Student Center as a Behavior paraprofessional. We had a great summer in Cali, but are glad to be back in Logan where life is a bit slower and less stressful, and where Nick and my schedule coordinate a bit better so we are able to spend more time together.

We also have a new addition to our little family:

Meet Keiki Loo Bahr

Keiki is a three month year old mini dachshund - weighing in at a whopping 3.8 pds!
You might be wondering, "what kind of name is Keiki?" Well - when Nick and I were thinking about names - we wanted it to be Hawaiin since that is where we met and fell in love.
Keiki Beach is our favorite beach on the North Shore. Keiki also literally means "child" in Hawaiian. Since she is our little child for right now we thought this nam
e was appropriate!

Having Keiki has really taught us a lot so far. Nick comes from a family t
hat never had a dog, and I come from a family that sees dogs just like children - needless to say we had very different viewpoints on how to "raise" Keiki. It has been a great learning experience so far as we have learned the importance of communication as well as compromise. I am grateful for Nick's patience - puppies are not always easy to deal with :) He is so patient though -- and he even stayed up late one night to make her a little sweater. Keiki will not go outside to potty if it is cold - so Nick actually made her a sweater to wear - I couldn't ask for a better husband!!!






8 comments:

Amanda said...

oh my goodness!!! she is so cute and i just love her! my mom said you were having some problems with potty training though. :)

craig says he is pretty sure he saw nick in passin up on campus and apologizes for not saying hi!: )

we should definetly get together. i will comment on your facebook later when i come up with a good time. this week is pretty crazy, but saturdays are usually my best day. cause i don't work and craig is at work til 5. if that doesnt' work for you, we'll figure something out!

okay, holy long comment. YAY for being back in logan! :)

AJones said...

WELL IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME! I was wondering when you two were going to get a new addition to your blog and your family :)

Tara said...

oh my gosh, that is hilarious. i love the sweater. good luck with your new little addition!

Jena said...

I agree with Amanda, SO CUTE! I am very jealous that you have a puppy, with Kamdyn we can't afford to get one lol. I went to school out at North Cache, too funny! And i'm coming up there this next month! So we'll finally be able to catch up and meet! Have fun up there in that COLD weather!

modestmuse said...

Adorable! The sweater is hilarious! Glad to see you're doing well and congrats on the new addition to your family. I love Keiki Beach, too. Pretty name for your "little one." :)

AJones said...

SO cute! But does he do something special on Wednesday for her? That'a how you know if he really loves her!

Rachel said...

She is so cute! We should do a play date sometime with her, Dixie and Mr X! And make sure to invite Damon! :)
I am impressed that Nick could and did make her a sweater, what a guy!

Marni said...

jess your the best mommy! I love little keikei. glad to see your fam is growing. love you guys! give kei kei kisses from hawaii!