There is always a part of me that hates to say goodbye to the warmth of summer, but at the same time I can't help but love the beauty that accompanies fall!
This past weekend Nick and I had bid farewell to summer and said hello to Autumn!
Spontaneously, we decided to go camping.
Nick has been trying to get me to go camping for a while now, but I have come up with excuses like, "I don't have a sleeping bag," or "we don't have a tent." (All very valid excuses if you ask me). This Saturday, however, our neighbors were having a late night party, they offered to buy us a hotel room (how courteous are they!), but we decided we would just go camping for the night. As soon as I agreed, Nick got extremely excited and went digging around in his camping gear. I went straight for the computer to check the forecast. Of course - Thunderstorms and rain showers were on the agenda for every hour! The hotel room was sounding quite nice to me at this time, but after seeing Nick's pure excitement I couldn't back out. I decided to buck up and go for it.
We ended up getting soaked that night, but we actually had a really good time. I decided that sometimes we have the most fun when we don't plan on it.
Now Nick is trying to talk me into winter camping ......
I pretty much sat right next to the fire all night - trying to keep Keiki warm.
Meanwhile, Nick impressed me with his boy scout skills.
All Smiles despite the rain and cold!
This past weekend Nick and I had bid farewell to summer and said hello to Autumn!
Spontaneously, we decided to go camping.
Nick has been trying to get me to go camping for a while now, but I have come up with excuses like, "I don't have a sleeping bag," or "we don't have a tent." (All very valid excuses if you ask me). This Saturday, however, our neighbors were having a late night party, they offered to buy us a hotel room (how courteous are they!), but we decided we would just go camping for the night. As soon as I agreed, Nick got extremely excited and went digging around in his camping gear. I went straight for the computer to check the forecast. Of course - Thunderstorms and rain showers were on the agenda for every hour! The hotel room was sounding quite nice to me at this time, but after seeing Nick's pure excitement I couldn't back out. I decided to buck up and go for it.
We ended up getting soaked that night, but we actually had a really good time. I decided that sometimes we have the most fun when we don't plan on it.
Now Nick is trying to talk me into winter camping ......
Meanwhile, Nick impressed me with his boy scout skills.
4 comments:
Hey guys, thanks a ton for the cookies and invite! We'll let you know if we can make it - sounds like a riot! - Craig
Jess... I love your blog! You are such a cute girl... I just started a blog and haven't really even finished my post because I don't have the right cord for my husbands camera which has all of our cute pics on it. Anyway, check it out if you want! bbputnam.blogspot.com - Bri
JESS! i have been such a slacker in my comment leaving and i haven't talked to you in forever! looks like you two had fun camping! i am glad you made it home safely from summer sales! i am so glad to be back:) i hope things are going well for you guys! i need your address for a baby invite! send it to me via text, facebook, my blog, anywhere ... but i will try to text or call you soon! love your guts!
freaked out for a sec....i thought in that picture of you sitting down, that you were holding a baby.....I THOUGHT YOU HAD A BABY!!!! i had to make it big to see that it was a dog! it is a dog, isn't it??? tell me that's not your baby!! i'm an idiot!! your baby is beautiful! CONGRATS!!
Post a Comment