...started out like any other Sunday. We woke up, went to church, came home to find the roast not quite done...
But than something happened that made this Sunday quite unique. I stubbed my toe. And it really hurt. Nick, being the wonderful husband that he is, decided he was going to prevent that from ever happening again. He decided he was going to create a protective barrier around the cinder block that I had ran into. I continued in the kitchen preparing our afternoon Sunday dinner, when I heard Nick yell in the other room. I went in to see what had happened. When I walked in, I found him sitting on the floor, his two hands wrapped around his leg. He looked up at me, and calmly, matter of factly said, "Jess, I am going to need you to take me to the hospital. I need stitches." So of course I did what any wife would do...I freaked out. I began running around, stopping and asking if he was ok, trying to think what to do next, but not being able to collect my thoughts.. Finally, Nick was able to get me under control, he told me to grab his wallet and his keys, and than we were off to InstaCare.
The final product: A 4cm. long laceration to the shin, two layers deep.
The stitches were two layers thick, with about 16 stitches total. Nick was so calm and good through the whole thing, while I was the one having to sit down and focus on breathing.
Here is the damage:

Way to go Nick, a Frankenstein stitch just in time for Halloween!
But than something happened that made this Sunday quite unique. I stubbed my toe. And it really hurt. Nick, being the wonderful husband that he is, decided he was going to prevent that from ever happening again. He decided he was going to create a protective barrier around the cinder block that I had ran into. I continued in the kitchen preparing our afternoon Sunday dinner, when I heard Nick yell in the other room. I went in to see what had happened. When I walked in, I found him sitting on the floor, his two hands wrapped around his leg. He looked up at me, and calmly, matter of factly said, "Jess, I am going to need you to take me to the hospital. I need stitches." So of course I did what any wife would do...I freaked out. I began running around, stopping and asking if he was ok, trying to think what to do next, but not being able to collect my thoughts.. Finally, Nick was able to get me under control, he told me to grab his wallet and his keys, and than we were off to InstaCare.
The final product: A 4cm. long laceration to the shin, two layers deep.
The stitches were two layers thick, with about 16 stitches total. Nick was so calm and good through the whole thing, while I was the one having to sit down and focus on breathing.
Here is the damage:
Way to go Nick, a Frankenstein stitch just in time for Halloween!
3 comments:
WHAT A TROOPER!!!! Now had he been really good and calm and manly he would have asked you for a needle and thread and stitched himself up. Oh well maybe next time
what a good man! . I love that in trying to protect you from getting owies he got one himself.
Wow! Those are some cool stitches. We love the blog. You are the cutest newlyweds and dog child!! Keiki Loo Bahr is really cool in that sweater. Just how was it made? Did Nick inherit some sewing talents...impressive. Well we love ya, Mom and Dad Bahr
Post a Comment