Wednesday, June 25, 2008

FroZen Hot CoCoa!!!

Nick and I both absolutely love "sippin hot cocoa." Even when we were in Hawaii, and it was sweldering hot, we found ourselves mixing some up!
The other day, I found a recipe for Frozen Hot Chocolate - which made me super excited since it's a heat wave in California right now. Nick and I both loved it - thought I would share it with all of you hot cocoa lovers - or if you just want a nice chocolaty treat to enjoy outside throughout the summer!!!

Ingredients:
      • 3 tbsp. granulated sugar
      • 1 envelope hot chocolate mix
      • 2 tbsp. butter
      • 1/3 c. each semi-sweet chocolate chips & milk chocolate chips
      • 1 can evaporated milk
      • 4 cups ice cubes (I usually add more to make it thicker)
      • whipped cream
Directions:
Place sugar, cocoa mix and butter in to pof double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir frequently until melted and smooth paste forms. Add morsels; when morsels begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir until smooth and velvety. Cool to room temp.
Place chocolate mixture, remaining evaporated milk and ice in blender (in batches if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into individua glasses or bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with addition copped morsels if desired.


This is Nick enjoying his Frozen Hot Chocolate!


These pictures are from a date we had in Hawaii. Nick took me to the local bus stop, and we made hot cocoa and played UNO. Nick is so awesome about being spontaneous and being creative - that was actually one of the ways he wooed me into marrying him!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

hmmmm, that sounds and looks delicious! thanks for the recipe!

Tara said...

i love your blog and i loove frozen hot chocolate. i first tried it in NY at Serendipity's. amazing. thanks for the recipe.