Wednesday, December 10, 2014

all about Paisley Jane!

I can't hardly believe how fast time goes.
In about a month and a half we will have a 4 year old on our hands.
Four. 4.  FOUR!!!!  
How on earth did she go from this:




to this?


We have really enjoyed Paisley as a three year old.  Don't get me wrong, there has been some hard times.  But it has been a year full of growth, discovery, and learning.  I can hardly wait to see what the next year will bring!

A few fun things about Paisley right now:


"And though she be but little, she is fierce."

I love this Shakespeare quote, because it describes Paisley perfectly.
She is a petite little frite. She wears size 2T bottoms and size 2t or 3t tops.
She wears size 7 shoe.
Paisley is a whopping 30 pounds right now.
But she has a HUGE heart and a GIANT soul.

Paisley loves babies.  I realize that most little girls love babies, but Paisley is over-the-top obsessed. 
If there's a baby in the room, she is right next to it.  She loves to pat their cheeks, hold them, and cover them in kisses.
And I know what you are thinking: Paisley must need a brother or sister.....
But I think her little brother and her dolls are filling in nicely for now :)

Paisley is a monkey.
She is constantly climbing and jumping off things. 
I really look forward to putting her in a gymnastic class in the near future.
She has more energy than I can comprehend.  It's a wonder all her bones are still in tact.






I started a neighborhood co-op preschool with Paisley this last fall, and she is really loving it!
She picks things up really quick.  She knows several letters sounds and how to write them.
She even knows many letters we haven't covered in preschool. 
Just the other day she wrote "mom" on a paper and came up to me and said,
"Hey mom, isn't this how you spell your name?"  
I am not sure where she figured it out, but I was impressed.
She is constantly asking for paper to write and draw.  
Her newest obsession is kid scissors.  Oh the joys of tiny pieces of paper everywhere!




Paisley loves dancing.
Dance parties with daddy are her favorite.  
Sometimes I call her a princess and she always corrects me and says, "I am not a princess, I am a ballerina."
Looks like we will have to add ballet to the gymnastic class!


Paisley's favorite toys at the moment:
play doh, the toy kitchen (and the real kitchen-helping mommy cook), 
scooter,  any arts and crafts, and her babies.
She is also an expert at making up games - her imagination has really taken off the last year.

Paisley's favorite foods at the moment:
cheese sandwich, cucumbers, apple slices, pasta in any form, and of course chocolate!



We are really lucky to have such a bright and energetic girl in our home.
Not a day goes by that she doesn't make me smile and laugh.
She is the sweetest big sister - her and Cruz truly are best of friends.
Paisley is extremely strong willed, but has a soft and gentle heart - two amazing qualities for such a beautiful little girl!



1 comment:

Mandy said...

gosh your kids are so beautiful! who took these pictures they are perfect! I laughed when I saw the note about little pieces of paper all around the house:) bobby loves cutting too:) haha she is darling!