My young-at-heart husband turned the big 3-0 last week. On the 30th.
This made for his Golden Birthday.
I normally like to make birthdays a pretty big deal -
but my husband requested to keep this birthday pretty small and meager.
So I decided to do something a little more memorable.
While he was at work (I really believe no one should ever work on their birthday, but that's beside the point), I went and bought 30 golden balloons. The week before I was able to have family members and friends tell me things they admire about Nick as well as memory they have with Nick. I attached these to the balloons, and hid them up in our room.
Note to self: Three years old don't know how to keep secrets.
I told Paisley the day before we would be buying 30 balloons for daddy's birthday, and as soon as he got home she told him all about it. No worries, I am pretty smooth and easily covered it up.
So when Nick got home from work there were merely two gold balloons waiting for him at the door. I told him there were two: One for Paisley and one for Cruz.
Then when we walked up the stairs to change....tada!
Thanks to all that contributed to the memories and kinds words.
Nick is such a gem - and reading everybody's thoughts made me realize how amazing he has been his entire life :)
Nick did request a kayak for his birthday.
Unfortauntely, I wasn't able to splurge and buy him a real kayak - so I made a kayak out of his birthday cake:
That black frosting is pretty terrible.
The kids were covered it in by the end of the night - and it took a few washings to remove it.
Happiest Golden Birthday to my amazing husband! 30 never looked so gooood :)
And here's a picture for the books.
Nick had taken the carseats out of the car because we were trading vehicles.
The kids requested to be strapped down and watch a movie. I totally complied. When Nick walked in the door from work this is what he got:
Looking at this picture I totally realize why people are constantly asking me if Paisley and Cruz are twins. Sitting next to each other they are pretty much the same size! So cute!




1 comment:
Happy birthday Nick! All the stories Ive heard from Ben and the experiences Ive had with you make me agree with Jess that you are awesome! Ben always talks about what an amazing person you are! Jess that was such a cute idea for his birthday- I might steal it and use it for ben someday - cute kiddos!!:) my kids love to sit in their car seats when they're in the house too:) love lookin at your guys' blog it makes me happy!
Post a Comment