It may be Tuesday around these parts,
but I wanted to get in a Monday memory post before another week has come and gone!
1. We have a forward crawler folks!
I think he knew how all along, but he wanted to wait until his 11 month mark to really take off.
(Cruz with his bud, Leo, at a picnic Friday evening)
2. Health is so easy to take for granted isn't it?
At the beginning of last week I got struck suddenly with what seemed like a breast infection.
Thanks to Nick and his help, as well a Priesthood Blessing, I was able to recover quickly -
but I sure was reminded just how fragile good health is.
3. Nick is officially done with classes!
I want to jump up and down and celebrate like crazy.
However, Nick has told me to hold off on all parties just yet as he still has a few papers to write (including his thesis) before he is officially a "Master of Research."
4. The other day I was having one of those days.
It had been a long day - and my patience was wearing thin.
Paisley had asked me to do something for one of her babies and I was struggling to get it to work.
I must have murmed something about how difficult it was under my breath, because I then heard a sweet little voice say:
"Its OK mommy, you're doing a really, really great job!"
5. Last Saturday I was really looking forward to a Beach Day.
However, the Spanish weather had different plans for us. When we woke up it was overcast and rainy - and therefore, so was my mood. Nick went into the office to get work done, and I was tempted to just let the kids entertain themselves while I drowned my woes in a bowl of cookie dough.
But then I thought: "If we can't go to the beach, why not bring the beach to us?"
So we did:
And the best part was, the sand (flour and cooking oil) was actually edible for this little fella...
And just to one-up the beaches of Barcelona,
we threw in some colored noodles for more excitement...
Things got pretty crazy around here...
Here's to the Bahr Beach!
1 comment:
yeah- I cant believe he is almost done! Congrats!! That is so awesome! So what are your plans now? Im sorry for your infection- I completely agree and take my health for granted til im sick and then realize how blessed i am when i feel good- Im glad youre doing better- as for your kiddos... they couldnt be any cuter- and what a fun mom you are to do those things like bring the beach home- my kids prob wouldnt get that kind of fun cause im too much a neat freak and wouldnt like the mess and clean up- I need to be more like you! They sure are lucky kids to have you two as parents!:)
Post a Comment