Today has been a pretty big day for our growing little family.
Life changing, in fact.
First off, I have some catching up to do.
Paisley has been battling a nasty little virus that left chicken pox-like spots all over her little body.
When that virus went away she was struck with a cough and runny nose.
Not fun for any of us.
Her week of being sick was pretty rough....especially on this pregnant mama.
So yesterday Nick and I decided a spontaneous getaway was in order.
Nick took a personal day and we drove to Heber and got a hotel room.
We all went swimming for a bit, then we took Paisley to have a sleepover at her Grandmas so Nick and I could enjoy some R&R.
That bring us to this morning.
We woke up to find that Nick got an email accepting him to the PhD program at ESADE University.
ESADE University is in Barcelona Spain!
I am very proud of my hubby for all his hard work and drive to get accepted at such a wonderful University.
Nick made sure that it wasn't easy after having the first baby - by immediately moving us from the hospital to Orem.
I guess he decided he needed to one up himself with the next baby and move us to a different country.
I'll admit, I am pretty nervous about alot of things. I am in no way expecting this transition to be an easy one.
But after much prayer and consideration, we really feel like this is a wonderful experience for our little family and an adventure not to be taken for granted.
We still have a few logistics to be worked out before the final decision.......
But until then I will be learning me some Espanol!
11 comments:
How exciting and scary at the same time!! Utah to Spain....just a little different- lol :) Good luck and have fun!!!
life changing day may be an understatemen :) you are awesome to be so supportive of your hubby. what an exciting adventure for you two! how soon will this move take place?
Never a dull moment for you guys! How exciting! Congrats to Nick and to you!
Congratulations you guys! I don't envy you the move, but I do envy the experience! It won't be easy, but so exciting and life-changing. Getting through school can feel like a marathon, but I've also learned that life is good through the whole process, not just at the finish line. Looking forward to hearing about your new experiences!
What in the crapper?!!!! That is absolutely awesome! how fun for you guys to get to experience so many places! I am so excited for you, and you'll be in my prayers that it WILL be an easy(or easier) adjustment. Now... before you leave, it might be time to get together(in person) rather than the blogs and fb ha ha!
I had some little comments I was going to leave about Paisley's sickness and your cute trip to Heber (I love Heber) but then I got to the end, and BAM... SPAIN?!?!? OH MY GOSH!!! That is awesome!!! I look very forward to your posts about your adventures in Espanol. Holy smokes. NC is nothing compared to Spain! That will be such a fun and memorable experience to have. I'm so excited for you guys!! Congrats to you, and congrats to Nick!! (what is he getting his phd in?)
Oh my heck, how EXCITING!!! You will have such fun adventures and make us all jealous seeing your pictures. hahaha Very cool!
I hadn't heard the big news until now...CONGRATS! Wow, Spain is very far away...much further than Iowa...but at least we won't be the only family members living further than 15 minutes from the Bahr's! Looks like we better start saving our pennies for a Spain visit.
Congratulations, you guys! That's amazing and you will have such a great and memorable adventure to remember your whole lives!
Im sorry Paisley was sick! That is so hard- I hope she is doing better- congrats on getting accepted nick!!!! Thats awesome and its always so nice when what you want works out- we wish you all the best!
Ahhh congratulations!! I hope you love Spain, that sounds so exciting. I'm sorry paisley was sick, that must've been hard on you- I hope you're all feeling better very soon! What is nick getting his Doctorate in?
Post a Comment