Yesterday was one of those days I had been dreading for a long time.
It's one of those things that you hear alot about before becoming a parent, but don't give it much thought until it actually happens. I had always heard that giving your baby shots was the worst, and I knew it wouldn't be very much fun, but I kind of just blew the idea off.
Until the night before Paisley was supposed to receive her first round of vaccinations.
Than it hit me. Hard. I realized that the next morning my little one was going to get poked multiple times, and that it was really going to hurt her. I spent much of that night just dreading the next morning.
Paisley handled the shots just as I expected.
She cried bloody murder for five minutes, and than fell asleep for most of the day.
That evening she was a bit fussier than usual.
It's one of those things that you hear alot about before becoming a parent, but don't give it much thought until it actually happens. I had always heard that giving your baby shots was the worst, and I knew it wouldn't be very much fun, but I kind of just blew the idea off.
Until the night before Paisley was supposed to receive her first round of vaccinations.
Than it hit me. Hard. I realized that the next morning my little one was going to get poked multiple times, and that it was really going to hurt her. I spent much of that night just dreading the next morning.
Paisley handled the shots just as I expected.
She cried bloody murder for five minutes, and than fell asleep for most of the day.
That evening she was a bit fussier than usual.
10 comments:
oh poor little baby...I hated that day too! Oh so sad. But she is so adorable!
She is soooo cute! I love that first pic!
Those days are hard. I've started giving them some advil a bit before the appointment. At the appointment they kept telling me to give it to her at home, but then I figured it would be better to have it start working as soon as possible. :)
She looks adorable! The good thing is she won't remember it, the bad thing is you will.
p.s. your cupcake got a shout out on our blog.
Hey Jess, I just saw your blog on facebook and I just have to tell you that your little Paisley is absolutely beautiful!
Everytime I see her pictures I have the sudden urge to kiss her cheeks to smithereens.
Shots ruin everything. But at least she is already learning that retail therapy makes things all better.
poor baby. but who wouldn't be happy if their cute mama bought them some stylin new threads.
too cute. poor little girl- that's a hard day!
haha good way of cheering her up! Always works for me too!
these pictures are too cute!! the girl is lucky -she's got an awesome mom :)
Oh those photos are my favorite! They are so sad but so cute! My baby does that after shots too. It lasts for a few hours so I give him tylenol.
Post a Comment