First of all, I just have to ask, "What's up with Blogger and it's new Design Templates?!?!"
Someday I will sit down and make my background look decent but today I am just lucky enough to get a post up.
My birthday was a few weeks ago and my fabulous husband got me this beauty:

Now keep in mind that I am not a sewer.... like, at all.
In fact, Nick's always been the seamster of the family. If I need a button sewn back on or a patch stuck on he's the one to do it. Up until a few months ago I didn't even know how to turn on a sewing machine! I know, it's quite sad.
But then I sat in on the 6th grade FACS (family and consumer science) class for my job. They did a short sewing unit and I learned the basics of the sewing machine.
I guess being pregnant ignited some sort of crafty spark in me...or maybe I just wasn't willing to pay oodles of money for receiving blankets and car seat canopies when I thought I could probably do it myself for 1/3 of the price.
And that's what I did.
Here's my first sewing projects:
Please keep in mind that I am still learning the basics and still have a long way to go :)
I first made a few receiving blankets because they are pretty simple:
I love the cute owls in the pink one.

I just had to include a picture of my little helper.
Next, I made a carseat canopy.
I found a free tutorial online and followed it - simple enough!
Can I just say I love the world wide web - the possibilities are endless!!

I loved the big buttons - but I think for the next one I make I will use big cutesy flowers.


And to finish things off - I found some fun fabric that I have big plans for:

And now, because you have stuck with me throughout this post I will reward you with a baby bump picture...however, I don't think it really qualifies as a "bump"anymore.

39 weeks, 4 days
As you can see, she is sitting really high (doesn't make it too conducive to breathing, eating, etc.).
In fact, at the last 3 appointments the doctor has said, "She is just not in any hurry."
Ughh!! I am expecting to go the full week past the due date.
We just can't wait to meet our little girl!
We have not fully decided on a name, but have one we both like.
I am not going to announce it but will give you a hint:
She will be (most likely anyway) named after one of the patterns on the fabric posted above.
If you guess it right you get two BIG thumbs up!
Happy Guessing :)
Someday I will sit down and make my background look decent but today I am just lucky enough to get a post up.
My birthday was a few weeks ago and my fabulous husband got me this beauty:
Now keep in mind that I am not a sewer.... like, at all.
In fact, Nick's always been the seamster of the family. If I need a button sewn back on or a patch stuck on he's the one to do it. Up until a few months ago I didn't even know how to turn on a sewing machine! I know, it's quite sad.
But then I sat in on the 6th grade FACS (family and consumer science) class for my job. They did a short sewing unit and I learned the basics of the sewing machine.
I guess being pregnant ignited some sort of crafty spark in me...or maybe I just wasn't willing to pay oodles of money for receiving blankets and car seat canopies when I thought I could probably do it myself for 1/3 of the price.
And that's what I did.
Here's my first sewing projects:
Please keep in mind that I am still learning the basics and still have a long way to go :)
I love the cute owls in the pink one.
Next, I made a carseat canopy.
I found a free tutorial online and followed it - simple enough!
Can I just say I love the world wide web - the possibilities are endless!!
I loved the big buttons - but I think for the next one I make I will use big cutesy flowers.
And to finish things off - I found some fun fabric that I have big plans for:
And now, because you have stuck with me throughout this post I will reward you with a baby bump picture...however, I don't think it really qualifies as a "bump"anymore.
39 weeks, 4 days
As you can see, she is sitting really high (doesn't make it too conducive to breathing, eating, etc.).
In fact, at the last 3 appointments the doctor has said, "She is just not in any hurry."
Ughh!! I am expecting to go the full week past the due date.
We just can't wait to meet our little girl!
We have not fully decided on a name, but have one we both like.
I am not going to announce it but will give you a hint:
She will be (most likely anyway) named after one of the patterns on the fabric posted above.
If you guess it right you get two BIG thumbs up!
Happy Guessing :)
8 comments:
I am guessing Paisley?! (Which is very cute). You look great, I hope she comes soon!
PS I am impressed with your sewing skills!
Jess, you look so great! I can't wait to see pics of her! Also, we NEED to get together sometime, we are in Provo. Your new sewing skills are amazing!! I just saw Megan this morning and met her husband and their little girl. We remenised about Hawaii and the good old quiet house :) we were both saying wait a cute pregnant girl u are. I'm sure you love hearing that right? Can't wait to hear what you will name her!
:-) you look great! LOVE LOVE the canopy, my mom got me one and I LOVE MINE!!!! Seriously...it keeps people from touching her too! ha
1-What a good boy NIck is to get you such a great gift.
2-I guess Paisley as the name.
And 3-i think you are hot with child. But i really want to see the little peach that is incubating.
Time to come out girly girl!
you are too cute. and im seriously impressed with your sewing. im not a sewer either, and now i have someone to aspire to be like. :) good luck jess... hope that baby comes soon!!
Cute! I loved this post! Way to go on the sewing-- it seems you are a natural! Also, I am excited for baby.
Oh man, it's Paisley isn't it!? So not FAIR!!! I heard that name tonight and said to myself I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name and instantly texted Craig, and here you are now, possibly naming your child that!
Our future daughter just might have the same name as your daughter, dangit!!
She'll be adorable and I guess you deserve to get to name her Paisley. Drat.
Love all your sewing projects. I am super jealous and need to take some lessons myself!
Haha Paisley is one of the names we have picked out if ours is a girl. Are you doing a middle name?
Post a Comment