Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're BACK!!!

well, from PARIS at least!
We took a nice, 4 day weekend and headed to the land of romance, lights, and dirty metro systems.
It was alot of fun to see where Nick spent a full year of his mission. Paris is a very eventful and dynamic city, we enjoyed every minute of it (well, except for when the homeless guy started yelling at me on the Metro...but that's another story).

The non-so-hunchback of Notre Dame

Outside the Louvre
The Royal Palace

Arc de Triomphe and Champ Elysees

The Seine River with the Eiffel Tower in the background

And of course, the#1 recognized landmark in the world: The Eiffel Tower

Nick taught Shinpei on his mission.
Shinpei had us over for a delicious Japanese dinner.

Chateau de Versailles

The Royal Gardens

We rented a rowboat, it was one of our favorites.


Nick inside the catacombs. Piles and piles of human bones.

Bones, bones and more bones. 6 million people's bones to be exact.


Sacre CoeurThe best view of Paris is from Sacre Couer.
Sorry, we're blocking it.

And of course the dirty dirty metro.
And a pooped out Nick.

This is seriously only a HANDFUL of the pictures I took.
I will be posting alot more on Facebook within the next couple days, so if looking
at these tickles your pickle feel free to check out a wider selection on my Facebook soon.

Au Revoir

PS - only two short weeks and than we will be back for reals :)





6 comments:

AJ said...

I would WAY rather be living overseas in Europe. Me = happy for you but really jealous.

Even though it is so magical aren't there some things that are not the same taht you REALLY miss?

Ann said...

So Cool you guys! We are definitely happy that you are having such grand adventures. You'll have to show us every last little picture when you get back since we aren't facebookers.

Lots of love (oh and thanks for the postcard!), Ann & Adam

Erin said...

I love the pics!! So awesome. It's so cool you guys got to visit Nick's mission and people he taught. What a cool thing to do!

Um...just realized your on FB and I didn't know it! All this time...:)

Enjoy your last few weeeks!

Meags said...

i am so jealous you visited the city of LOVE! all of your pictures are so cute! i can't believe you will be home SOON!:) "live it up" the last couple of weeks you are there!
lots of love!

AJones said...

hi I will be in Geneva next Friday. Would love to see you!!! I bet you can leave after a great vaca like Paris. Isnt Versaille unbelievable. By far one of my favorites.

Let me know if you think you can meet up and we'll work it out

Ryan and Tab said...

Holy cow girl, I haven't been to your blog for a long time and I find you living half way across the world! What a great opportunity for you guys.