Are a few of my favorite things so far in Brussels.
Well we are all settled in after nearly 24 hours of travel. Our apartment is a small studio, but actually quite nice, and in a good area of town - we are very fortunate to have found it.
We live right next to a very very beautiful park: Parc de Cinquentannaire.
We live on the 7th floor and can see the Gargoyles from our window at night...kinda creepy, but fun.
Being my first time in Europe I was quite naive about living here. First of all: the change in voltage (such a pain). For Christmas a I got an adaptor that was supposed to change the voltage for American appliances to use in Europe. So I tried it. The first day my straightener got so hot, when I went to use it it totally burned a chunk of my hair right off. The second day I was using the blowdryer and it completely blew out. Nick, although he thinks it's hysterical, has agreed to get me a Europe blowdryer.
Second, grocery shopping is quite the experience. Where is all the normal food? Why can't I buy everything I need in one store when instead I have to go to several? And I am glad Europe is big on recycling, but it is such a pain bringing my own bags to bag the food.
Other than these minor quirks I am sure I will get used to, living here has been such a blast so far. The buildings are amazing, the ambience is surreal, and being emerged in a new culture has been one of the best experiences of my life. Having Nick by my side, who speaks French fluently has been a major blessing. I love it how he can stop someone on the street and just speak to them. It has allowed us to get through the metro (another new experience for me) quite smoothly. He has been trying to teach me, and it has been fun attempting to learn (I keep confusing it with Spanish).
We look forwad to the many great and exciting adventures that await us.
We are not exactly sure of all the places we want to travel yet, but know for sure France and England will be on the top of the list. If anyone has any other suggestions for us they would be much appreciated!
Please excuse the crazy hair, I have had a bit of bad luck in that area.
7 comments:
you are such a cutie! looks like you guys are having a great time, good luck with the adapter stuff!
oh my gosh. you are like actually really there! how fun!!! and your hair is getting so long! So pretty!!!
Thanks for the post guys!! Sorry about the electricity mishaps...I could totally see the same thing happening to me. Please keep us updated, we would love to vicariously live your adventures. :) Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! Love Ann & Adam
Make sure to check out ryan air (ryanair.com) Super cheap flights all over europe from brussels. just make sure to only take carry on luggage and research the distance of the airports from the city cause they usually use smaller airports and not the main international airport. I flew from london to sweden for like $30 us round trip. Good luck. I just found r/t to rome from brussels in feb for 40 euros.
oh wow! oh wow! I am sooo insanely jealous right now! i am dieing to go back to Europe. just soak up every minute!! you must stop by italy, my favorite place was cinque terre. so beautiful! can't wait for your next post! and your poor hair! i am so sorry. you look beautiful in your pic!
I am so glad you posted, I am excited to hear about all of your adventures! And I don't know what you are talking about, your hair looks great as always! Good luck with the electricity!
How fun! That is so cool you guys get to do this. I am jealous!
Post a Comment