Monday, October 19, 2015

Meet Marlow Rose

We welcomed our little angel, Marlow Rose to our family last Monday - October 12.
Marlow was a planned C-section (after my last two deliveries ended up as C-Sections) - so the labor and delivery was as smooth and painless as possible (relatively speaking).

Nick and I walked into the hospital at 5:30 am Monday morning,
was given an epidural and wheeled into the OR at 7:30 am.
Our little girl was born at 7:52 am.

The 22 minutes of surgery before baby girl was born seemed pretty long - I kept asking Nick if he could see her (he likes to watch the whole thing go down),
but apparently there was quite a bit of scar tissue they had to cut through.
Finally, I heard the doctor say, "Oh, I see an ear," and just a couple moments later I heard the sweetest first cries.  The doctor excalimed,  "She's a little squealer!"
They quick ly showed her to me - one of the greatest moments of my life (I couldn't hold back tears), and then they rushed her back with Nick to get cleaned.  I heard her cries in the distance, but when they brought her to me and put her next to my face she was as calm as could be.





First photo with mom and dad!






After I was stitched up (another long process), I was wheeled into recovery while Marlow received her first bath with dad.  Then she was brought to me and I was able to nurse her.  We haven't looked back since.






The hospital stay was such a peaceful and memorable time for us.  
Marlow carries such a sweet spirit, and everyone can't help but just love and dote on her.
It was really special to see Paisley and Cruz meet and hold Marlow for the first time.  They immedietely fell in love and continue to "ooh" and "ahh" over her everyday.









We have seen so many answers to prayers and priesthood blessings this last week.
Our first day in the hospital, Marlow's blood sugar dropped to dangerous levels and we were told if they didn't rise in the next blood draw she would have to go to the NICU.  We experienced this with Paisely, and although we knew this isn't the worst situation imagineable, we knew it wouldn't be ideal to have her in the NICU. I asked Nick to give her a priesthood blessing, and the next blood draw was just enough to keep her out of the NICU.  The next few draws continued to see improvement in blood sugar levels.
Also, Marlow lost 11% of her bodyweight while in the hospital.  The pediatrician said he normally only liked to see a 4-7% drop in bodyweight. After prayers on her behalf, my milk came in rather quickly and Marlow was able to raise that percentage to a healthier level.
The blessings haven't stopped there.
Normally a C-section recovery can be rather rough.  I can honestly say this has been the easiest recovery I have had (out of the 3).  I know the reason behind this is due to the priesthood blessings Nick gave me before the surgery and the prayers offered on my behalf.  I also feel like I feel better this time around because I made a conscious effort to diligently exercise throughout this pregnancy. I exercised 3-4 times a week up until the 38th week, and I can tell such a difference.  Just a little motivation to exercise the next time around as well.

Here's a few of my favorite pictures over the last week:








Going home!!!



We walked into a "Happy Birthday" Party for Marlow. 
Complete with cake and decorations.
Thanks mom :)










And here's a few photos I snapped of Marlow at 3 days old, just before we left the hospital:

















Marlow is a  week old today.
It has been a dream week. We have all loved having Marlow home, and are so appreciative of all the meals and help people have so willingly offered.
We are so excited to begin this journey as a family of 5 (did I really just say that?!) and to have Marlow Rose a part of our eternal family!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Awww... love this post so much! It is a miracle to have these little ones come to us and I know exactly what you mean with the sweet spirit they bring to the home. She is beautiful- I think she looks a lot like Paisley!:) I'm glad your prayers and blessings were answered and things ended up turning out alright and that your recovery was easier. Congrats again! And thankyou for our meal- it was so delicious and really made us feel loved!:)