Monday, July 7, 2014

Cruz's Construction Birthday Party!

I have this thing for birthdays. And parties.
Maybe it's because I was born 2 days after Christmas, and despite my parent's best efforts, my birthday was occasionally overlooked with the holiday madness.
Or maybe it's because I love celebrating, and planning, and hosting.

I had loads of fun planning Cruz's 2nd birthday party.
We had a construction theme since he is all about trucks and dirt right now! 
It was a hit - thanks to such great family members for supporting my crazy birthday antics :)








Each little digger needed their home depot tool belt (with plastic tools inside) and a hard hat to enter the consturction site.









My husband is so awesome.
He deals wonderfully with my birthday schemes.
He even made this awesome wrecking ball game for the kids.
It was a total hit for the little ones...



...and big ones!




The kids really enjoyed digging around in the consruction dirt (sandbox).












Other games included a dump truck bean bag toss...





And a cone relay race...







We also had a construction theme lunch:












Not only do I have a thing for birthdays...but I am firm believer that everyone should have a cake on their birthday. 
Introducing the construction cake:











The cake was relatively simple - -
Until I decided to do a surprise inside - -
And then it became a thorn in my side....
but the caution tape middle turned out - so it was totally worth it!









It was a fun day celebrating our little construction dude!
Thanks to great family members for making it a memorable day!












Happy Birthday Cruzer Man!
I am one lucky mama to have such a fun boy!

2 comments:

The Godfreys said...

What a cute party! You are so creative!

Mandy said...

that is awesome! you are so creative! everything looks SOOOO fun!! Crazy he is 2! Addy just turned 1 i need to make a post about her birthday! oh how the time flies